Blender 2.59 Mirror Modify Issue?

Lukeh Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, This weird thing is happening to my cage when I use the mirror modify in Blender 2.59.

When I use the modifer and select the vertices I want and move them it mirrors the other side like it should but creates it as a new bunch of vertices?

91029618.png

And then once I click "Apply" it basically locks it all in and I'm stuck with 4 arms? Any Ideas? much appriciated :)

the mirror modifier actually creates mirrors of your model's vertices along x,y,z axis. The mirror plane always goes through the object origin (the purple dot) This beghaviour has always been the same (even in blender 2.49) and it never has changed significantly.

So in order to achieve what you want, you will have to delete half of your model, then add the mirror modifier and get the deleted half back. If your object is rotated with face looking towards negative y axis, then i believe that the weight paint tools and the rig also support mirroring.

• Like 1

Thanks! That worked amazingly!

Apart from 1 small detail.

My issue now is how do I make it so the mesh object is now 1 whole object as when I heat it to the skeleton and then play round with the pose the shirt moves but the center splits open back and front and isn't joined?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.