Woman-2-Woman Lounge & Group - Seeking Experts To Lecture & Give Seminars In Many Fields

TaraSimone Sixpence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Woman-2-Woman" is for all women, no matter of race, creed, religion or sexual preference - heterosexual or lesbians, vanilla or hard BDSM, it does not matter. "Woman-2-Woman" is a group and lounge for women. We also have lectures & talks on women's topics in the "Woman-2-Woman" Lounge. This is a place to chat, discuss and dance in a group environment about anything you like with friends and others - Educational & Social. REAL WOMAN ISSUES. Serious and funny. No drama, no fees - a public service. 

Woman-2-Woman is not a dance club nor any other sort of ballroom, dance, lesbian, bi-sexual, Femdom or BDSM club. Woman-2-Woman is NOT about any of these things, and we welcome all life-styles and people. Woman-2-Woman does not want, desire or wish to compete with any clubs in SL. Indeed our whole purpose is only as a public service, which will hopefully help with education, advice and friendship. This is NOT a place to cater to anything but real woman issues or to just relax and enjoy. As women even in a Virtual World such as Second Life, we are also interested in learning, discovering and sharing issues that concern us as women in the Real World as well as in the Virtual World.

Make sure you join the Woman-2-Woman SL group to stay informed of our weekly lectures and chats on Woman's issues. We hope to make these informative, interesting and deal with issues that effect us all, given by people who are top in their field. Feel free to come to the lounge as often as you like if you wish to just socialize and chat. All women are welcome. Males need a specific invite to stay in the Lounge. (This is not a pick-up bar.) For any questions and/or suggestions please contact Herpassion Resident of the TNC - Totally Naughty Clothes staff who is in charge of the lounge and group. We would love to hear from you.

We are also open and looking for those who would like to give lectures and/or seminars on various topics. We are starting a weekly writing group, and certainly are looking for those who can teach about women's health and psychology as well as overall topics such as Second Life topics and lifestyles within SL. We will consider any serious proposal for teaching, seminars and lectures. (There is no payment involved to the teachers though.) If you have suggestions or wish to teach please contact Herpassion Resident or Random Sixpence via Notecard with your avatar name or leave a Notecard in the mailbox at the Woman-2-Woman Lounge.

We ask only that you are indeed an "expert" in the field you propose to teach, and you have a responsible attitude towards times and dates. All topics may be suggested, but obviously they must hold interest for women and be geared to them. Teaching aids such as a presentation board are available in the Lounge. 

Woman-2-Woman is passionate and dedicated to the dissemination of knowledge in Second Life, both relating to real life and to Second Life specific topics. 

If you are not a member of the Woman-2-Woman group and wish to join please just copy and paste the following in your main chat and just click join or simply search in groups for the Woman-2-Woman group.

secondlife:///app/group/1572ba9e-6e43-cceb-06c3-70b4cd28e9ff/about

Or you can just TP over and a group invitation will be automatically given to you.

Woman-2-Woman Lounge

Thank You

(Woman-2-Woman Group & Lounge is sponsored as a public service by TNC - Totally Naughty Clothes)

what happne to people..I see to many all female sims/clubs and groups here.Online there are millions of groups as well as RL.I think Second life is more advanced environment to become place where focus is on a specific gender.This world (RL) has way more issue then a single Gender problems and subject with almost unlimited resource groups out there.To me  and I do not stand alone,these groups/cubs/sims in a place like this  are really a source of monetary value or a tool to up step some people female RP then help.

I think you be helping more people with  a group like this that covers a open end of topics,I am a female with a active public shcool special education career and take part of a lot of support groups,take my advice and try to be more open to every one and use a calendar of events that are more based on male and female problems if you want to help people.

I certainly respect your right to an opinion on the topic, but I was not aware that this was a post to request open debate as to whether one likes the idea or does not like it. 

1. There are hundreds of online Web, Facebook and LinkedIn groups devoted to women's topics only. Why? Because these are considered invaluable to women looking for information, say on Breast Cancer or on Women in the job place.
  2. For someone who owns a company called "Mommy, Inc." well I think that speaks for itself, unless I woke up in a universe where Males suddenly started giving birth. And in this case, it is very clear there are very specific issues in regard to preganancy and birth that are for women and subjects for women.
  3. Not everyone thinks of SL as some hugh Roleplay enviornment. Some people actually want to enhance knowledge, education and experience. Shocking thought, I know. But nevertheless true.

So while I respect the right to any and all opinions on the matter it remains clear that just as you have the right to do and say as you please, down to virtual babies, so do others.

That is all I will say in answer to the above. I think one should be wary of offering an opinion when the house they live in has walls of glass. And if you like go right ahead. Open your own group dealing with subjects you would want to deal with. All the more power to you.

Random Sixpence -

Kudos to you in wanting to provide this service.

I would like to help in any way but I have to say this - I have also been looking for people to lead discussions/talks etc at my busy Commune and I have had no response either here or in world.

I would love to talk more with you about finding suitable people as an arts place I am in desperate need of new stimulating and exciting creative experiences for the commune people!

Sedi x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.