Problem with teleport prim

Dhyana Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a no height limit teleport script that worked fine until one week ago, now the prim doesn't return to the original place, therefore after one people uses it, there is no prim anymore. I checked everything and the code seems ok, no changes there by accident ot anything. My other teleports for closer distances are ok, no problem there. Only the one for high up, thought was something temporary but over a week now.

Anyone encountering this problem with teleports from ground up? Thanks

Does this prim TP use Warp, PosJump or llSetRegionPos()?

Warp and llSetRegionPos() should not fail. The only known reason for a sudden fail of PosJump is well documented: No-entry flag set on parcel at <0, 0, 0>... but it should affect all the prim TP's in the region. So...

I cannot say much more without seeing the script.

My take on prim TP's is that it is better to make them one-way. Prims turn to temp and jump away, they die when the avatar unsits and another fresh one is rezzed as soon as the first one is far enough. It divides the possible causes of failure by 2.

This is not entirely correct. llSetRegionPos() should indeed work in all cases.

Old warp would fail on return if along its path (by 10m moves) it encounters a no entry parcel or a parcel that is full prim-wise. On its original trip an avatar is sitting on TP prim so the prim would move thru such parcels, but it returns alone so gets stuck.

The number of prims on the parcel is dynamic, whatever the owner puts there up to the parcel limit so one day a parcel might become full and does not allow TP's via it any longer. That's the problem with old warp. I encountered it long time ago, long before llSetRegionPos() so I was forced to get rid of return trips altogether by making the TP object temp-on-rez and one way.

I stand corrected. Warp can fail on return only because the prim is not a vehicle (i.e. a sitted object) any more and is subject to the rules applying to regular objects instead of the ones applying to avatars.

We still need to see the script... or we are like shooting darts in the dark.

Thanks to all;

Kaluura; is warpPos( vector destpos )

Dilbert; no is not alpha

Triple; I'm having problems at merely 300  and 500 m no, I don't have nothing over 1500 m is in server class5 

Well, reading some of your messsages make me try the basics, go to another sim and check, voila, the script works perfectly well and the prim returns to its vector w/o problems, just like old times :)    happy dog.  Though still I need to make it work in my sim LOL, but at least I know is not the script.

Thanks a bunch for the brainstorm :heart:

It isn't the class of the server that is important, it is which version of the code it is running. You can tell by clicking Help --> About in your viewer. For the region I am currently in, this is among the data:

Second Life RC BlueSteel 12.03.30.252593

That tells me I am running the Bluesteel Release Channel (RC) code. You should try the teleporter in multiple regions, and make note of which code the sim is running. If you find a pattern, please let us know.

Also, the altitude your teleporter is trying to reach doesn't matter. If there is a bug in the server's code caused by the explicit ban height change, it could affect your teleporter no matter what altitudes are in play.

Good luck, I know tracking that kind of stuff down can be annoying. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.