Merchant Outbox doesn't recognize existing store

Lando Boronski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

But yes, it did recognize my store once after a lot of fiddling (so I do know all the advice out there.) But then never again, no matter what I do. So I guess this will be an ongoing problem for many years to come: sometimes it works, but most of the time it won’t. Like several other things regarding SL. For example the amount of L$ showing when logging on: 80% of the time it’s wrong. And been like this for the past 5 years now. I have to give it a little nudge to make it work, by paying a dollar to someone or someone paying me. Then the correct amount is shown, and I can use the money I really have. And behold, it looks like the Merchant Outbox has the similar flu, which can’t, of itself, link up correctly. It also need a little nudge to work. Only in this case we sadly haven’t been given any option to do so.

The solution is of course to give us a “sync button”, which will force Merchant Outbox to link up with the store (when this doesn't work automatically). It’s very easy to implement, and why I never had any problems with the Magic Box.

To solely, and therefore very vulnerable, rely on an automatic process, in the competition with thousands as such going on at the same time, which are bound to get stuck sometimes, or often, are madness. And especially regarding real money businesses we can’t solely rely on such fragile systems. Just give us the sync button and be done with it I say. Kill this problem now, once and for all, and spare us for yet another aggravation for years to come.

Lando Boronski wrote:

But yes, it did recognize my store once after a lot of fiddling (so I do know all the advice out there.) But then never again, no matter what I do. So I guess this will be an ongoing problem for many years to come: sometimes it works, but most of the time it won’t. Like several other things regarding SL. For example the amount of L$ showing when logging on: 80% of the time it’s wrong. And been like this for the past 5 years now. I have to give it a little nudge to make it work, by paying a dollar to someone or someone paying me. Then the correct amount is shown, and I can use the money I really have. And behold, it looks like the Merchant Outbox has the similar flu, which can’t, of itself, link up correctly. It also need a little nudge to work. Only in this case we sadly haven’t been given any option to do so.

The solution is of course to give us a “sync button”, which will force Merchant Outbox to link up with the store (when this doesn't work automatically). It’s very easy to implement, and why I never had any problems with the Magic Box.

To solely, and therefore very vulnerable, rely on an automatic process, in the competition with thousands as such going on at the same time, which are bound to get stuck sometimes, or often, are madness. And especially regarding real money businesses we can’t solely rely on such fragile systems. Just give us the sync button and be done with it I say. Kill this problem now, once and for all, and spare us for yet another aggravation for years to come.

Howdy, Lando

My outbox works flawlessly in all respects. 

Have you tried logging completely out of the SL website and then back in again into your merchant homepage? 

Have you made sure your viewer language is set to English instead of "Default?"

Tried Firestorm 4.0.1?

Hi Lando, here is the JIRA where you can at least vote/watch and add your comments.  I know of someone whose outbox was working fine a couple weeks ago, they migrated all their stuff to DD, and now it won't recognize their store anymore, says 'you need to create a store,' and all the suggestions did not help either.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28630

there are some other related JIRAs which may more closely match your problem:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4600

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4412

Lando Boronski wrote:

Hi, Marcus

Your outbox works flawlessly in all respects: for now.

This ^^

I can say the same thing about my Magic Box.  In approximately 4 years of using it I never had any issues with it; no failed deliveries, messed up orders, or incorrect listings.  I understand from reading here that other merchants did have some issues and after DD was implemented, although I am still using my Magic Box, my store had several mismatched listings which fell into the 141xxxx range of listings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.