Outfit Folders Broken

Layla Honi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had been wearing an outfit from my outfits folder when I logged out. The next time I logged in several days later, which was last week, I decided to replace my outfit. I clicked replace outfit only to find the attachements were the only thing to change. My skin and clothing layers still on my avie were from the previous outfit, yet in the outfits folder and worn showed the new preplacement layers were worn. I tried various outfits and nearly all of them had this issue. Replacing the outfit I had to begin with and a couple others were the only ones working ok. This seems to only effect clothing and skin in the outfits folders. The items in the original folders can be worn and removed without a problem.

I tried refreshing the textures, which no longer worked for those problem outfit folders. Relogging did not help. I tried deleting the problem outfit folders and recreated the outfits which only worked for the first few times and then the problem reoccured. I tried the starter avatar and then one at a tie replacing my items from there original folder, but once I tried one of the problem outfit folders, the issue was still there.

I was told it was a connection issue. I didn't think it was, but I followed the bake fail instructions and resetting my modem 3 times and anything else that was suggested with no effect. I did clean reinstalls of the viewers which also did not help. 

This problem occurs in Firestorm and the official LL viewer 3 so I put a ticket into the LL, but they told me they won't help because I do not have a premium account.

Has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?

Another problem has recenty appeared with 'My Outfits' folders.  I keep my outfits in sub-folders - such as 'skirts and dresses', 'shorts outfits' and 'novelty outfits'.  But recently I've made some new outfits and I can't move the folders for these into any of the sub-folders.  It used to be possible to do that.

I realise this problem is not as serious as the one affecting the original poster, Layla, but it's further evidence that 'My Outfits' is broken at the moment.

I guess it was a needed change to the inventory "My Outfits" folder because the "Appearance, Outfits" panel has never supported sub-folders. So now the "Appearance" panel and inventory "My Outfit" folder agree between themselves how stuff works.

In this regard "My Outfits" folder is not broken, it's fixed. (There might be other problems for some though.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.