Deleting scripts on avatar and other questions

Umaeril

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I wear a lot of stuff, accessories, etc. But I don't want to be "script-heavy" and cause lag. Is there an easy way to see what items might have scripts? How do I know which to delete, if so? How are they deleted? Where are the scripts located? Some of the items say "resize and use the delete script button" so I have done this on occasion. But what if I want to change my shape later on, then I would not have the script to redo it, right? So generally I am not deleting scripts, but some I could.

Also, is there a limit to how many items you can have in your inventory?

Is it best not to have linked items in ones outfit or to minimize this for some reason?

Lastly, I am looking for someone to run me through using HUDs inworld. I have not mastered that yet. For example, using sandals, I am not sure how to get my foot color to match my legs. It says to use the HUD so I have put that on, but from there I am lost, probably something easy I am missing. I am EST and will be on tonight or tomorrow night and on this weekend too. Just run me through it real quick. I have a house where I can do this.

Hello there :) Removing scripts is a simple thing, first, right click in your inventory on the item you're wearing, and choose 'make copy' then right click on the same folder the item is in, and paste the new copy into it. That way if you do change shape later, you have a copy in your stuff with the resize script still intact. Now, right click on the one you're wearing and choose 'edit', look into the contents tab of the edit box that comes up and you'll see any scripts it has in it. You can right click and delete them in there.

As far as I know, there is no limit on how many things you have in your inventory, there are people with hundreds of thousands of items. There is however a limit on how many you can wear at once, 32 I think but can't be sure. 

Linked items in an outfit? I'm not sure what you mean, unless you mean saving them as outfits, and except for some people having a longer loading time because of out of control inventories, there isn't an issue there. 

I'm not inworld that often lately, but feel free to message me there and I'll gladly help with whatever I'm able when I'm on. :D 

Hello Uncomon Truth, thank you so much for your reply. I now see where the scripts reside so that is very helpful! I have to ask...how does one learn how to edit from that box? There are so many buttons, I guess there is a tutorial out there, I can find it, but if it is easy please let me know, lol. 

My items are super orgainzed so I am not going to to worry about linked items now that I know there is no max on inventory. I just didnt' want to delete something and have it ruin an outfit. Thank you! Also I think I was confused when I wrote the question. 

So I just need to find out about HUDs, I'll see if you are online sometime. 

Oh what is a lola tango please? 

Lola's are breast attachments that make it possible to have larger breasts, they seem to be very popular, but any tops/dresses you buy need to state that they have Lola's appliers to make things look right (Well, not sure if ALL of them need the appliers, I don't use Lola's so not positive on that one) Some people seem to think they look more natural.

Huds are super simple too :) There are all different kinds, for all different things. You only have to right click them in your inventory and choose 'add', and they'll appear on your screen. They're attachments, but noone but you will see them. 

I haven't taken the time to watch this >_>  but 

is the first SL edit box tutorial I came across in youtube lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.