Cannot file a proper AR.

Hokeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was offered inworld an object called "Killi Needs Candy" and if accepted partial or all L$ from my account would be taken at any given time.  I tried to write an AR but I have no clue who sent it so I cannot fill the entire report, and it does not allow me to drag the screen shot on to the AR as  proof.  So due to the lack of info I cannot send the report.  Two things, first, they should revise the AR so that it would give us filing the report leeway to at least give LL a heads up about scumbags who try anything low like stealing L$ from everyone even if we do not have tangible evidence.  Second, I want LL to catch this fiend, put him in SL jail, throw away the key and let him/her/they rot in hell!  Yes, it's imporssible to single out the culprit but at least it'll give LL an inkling that there are still low lives still living in Second Life.

Since Griffin already gave a suggestion in how to file an AR in this case, I'll only add some general advice:

Never accept objects that are given to you out of nowhere and always pay attention to pop up dialouges that ask for your permission. Because thats how your money "got stolen".

Hokeo wrote:

I was offered inworld an object called "Killi Needs Candy" and if accepted partial or all L$ from my account would be taken at any given time..

Just to be clear, a scripted object will ask for debit permissions and up will pop a BIG YELLOW DIALOG BOX asking if you want to accept debit permission with the warning that L$ can be taken from your account.

Simply accepting the object into inventory, or even just wearing it and declining the kind offer to drain your account, will NOT allow L$ to be taken then or at any time thereafter.

"Killi Needs Candy" is still around?

Must be a very old copy.

It was a very innocuous item actually if I recall correctly and I had a conversation with the creator about it.

This item came with some other freebies.  The thinking by the creator at the time was to make it 'easy' for people to donate in thanks for the freebies if they so chose.  What got me looking at it was a new friend had got one and asked me about it.

At the time I pointed out to them that the 'debit warning' was scaring new folks and suggested they just add a notecard, "if you enjoy this, donations gratefully appreciated." 

As my memory serves me they removed the "Needs Candy" object at that time,etc.

So actually to the best of my remembrance nothing nefarious going on here.

There is nothing wrong with the AR form.

You can look at your transaction report on your dashboard to see who gave it to you. Just be sure you check the block to show zero transactions.  Also, you don't need to drag a screen shot onto the AR form.  Just point your view to the at what you want in the pic and check the screen shot block.  If you rezzed the object out, you can also click on it which automatically fills in the identifying information LL needs.

People that try to steal money from others this way count on two things.  They count on people wanting free stuff so much that they will take anything from strangers and then they will rez it out and blindly click the grant access button on their screen without actually reading the pop up message. If you do neither, you never give your password to anyone, for any reason, and you don't click on random links you see in chat or IM unless you asked for the link or you clearly know what it is for, your account will remain entirely secure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.