new update for sl super laggy

Monica Cazalet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Monica Cazalet wrote:

I just updated my sl viewer and it is terribly laggy now and has ruined my SL experience. I had no trouble at all with the Beta version for my mac .... I wish I could go back to it now. :matte-motes-sour: What is the best SL viewer for a Macbook pro form 2012? 

Some Macs, especially with ATI/AMD video, have issues with fitted mesh viewers. Try turning on "Advanced Lighting Model" and see if it helps; if it doesn't then turn it back off and turn off 'Hardware Skinning."

If you are running OS 10.6 or 10.7 you are just screwed. The new viewers are adapting to Apple's Cocoa system. They do not work well with older operating systems.

See this for what was discussed in Viewer Development Friday: http://blog.nalates.net/2014/03/16/second-life-news-2014-11-3/

For a time you may be able to get by with Firestorm 4.4.2, but it will not render Fitted Mesh correctly. You see long spikes coming out of Fitted Mesh clothes.

=================

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.