Space Navigator failure in SL

sodasullivan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I jusr recently purcahsed the Spacenavigator 3d mouse  to use in SL. I installed the mouse, uploaded latest drivers, and the device works fine in Google Earth and Blender. 

Once in SL, I go to preferences and turn on the flycam option and click on the spacenavigator default settings and the 3d mouse will do nothing but move camera view forward (push) and move it back ( pull)

I have searches the wiki and Torley's videos fora solution, but can't find anyhting. Does anyone else have this issue, ora suggested solution?

Check Preferences > Moce and View > Joystick Configuation.

In the top left corner is the Enable Joystick check box. Does it say "SpaceNavigator" next to it, or "KMJEmulator"?

If it's the latter, that's your problem.

You can get around this by installing SpaceNavigator Legacy Drivers - however, this may mean the SN no longer works with your browser, although it should still work with Google Earth. I'm running the 3.18 drivers, and have no problem with either SL or Google Earth.

I don't know if there is a fix for using the version 10 drivers, I give up trying to poke the KMJ Emulator out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

sodasullivan wrote:

Oh, and thank you to LL for failing to monitor and maintain support and devlopment for Space Navigator (an item YOU tout as enhancing the SL experience!) Pure laziness.

In fairness, the issue LL's, per se. It's Logitech / 3D Connexions. They changed the Windows driver set for the Space Navigator with version 10 of the drivers, and it's been impacting a lot else other than Second Life. Hence why if you use an older version of the drivers per my reply (or the Windows default driver, apparently), the problem goes away.

As it is, a couple of people have offered to try to look at viewer-side support of the SN; whether this will resolve the driver issue remains to be seen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.