Deploys for the week of 2013-05-20 (Updated at 2013-05-21 15:00PDT)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

The post edit at 2013-05-21 15:00PDT was to update the build number for BlueSteel and add details about LeTigre.

Second Life Server (main channel):

No rolls are planned for the main channel this week.

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

BlueSteel is getting an update to the experience tools project.  There should be no visible changes with this update.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/13#13.05.20.276216

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-05-22 07:00-11:00 PDT

Second Life RC LeTigre:

LeTigre is getting an update related to the simulator's interest list subsystem.  This change reduces scene loading time when entering a new region.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/13#13.05.21.276236

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is getting update to the server maintenance project that was on all three RCs last week.  This project fixes some bugs (including some crash mdoes), and also adds LSL support to create and parse JSON-formatted strings.  This week's update fixes some bugs related to the changes.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/13#13.05.20.276191

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira

Hi Maestro,

I had confirmed that BUG-2606 "PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS in the script which was installed to a child-prim of attachment to avatar was lost when avatar crossed the border of RC-Sim"  had been fixed at Second Life RC Magnum 13.05.20.276191 linked to this deploys.

Thank you very much :) 

I'll mention it here first as I think this is more of an observation than a bug -- I'd need to play a little more to be sure. But today I noticed that a couple of large scripts would not open for editing, either from an object's inventory or from my own inventory. Small scripts (a few dozen lines) would open just fine. A couple of scripts (touch over 1,000 lines, including comments, around 40k of text if saved to a local drive) just wouldn't load. I'd either get the edit window sitting there showing "Loading..." and nothign else happening, or, once or twice, I'd get "Second Life: Unable to load the script.  Please try again.".

I first tried relogging, but that made no difference. I then left it a while and tried later. Same result. I then tried a region restart and that still made no difference.

The region in question is LeTigre.

I then TPd to a main channel server and all scripts, either from object inventory or main inventory, loaded fine and in a timely fashion. I've since tried a couple of other regions and I get the same result: scripts large and small load into the viewer's editor just fine on main channel but on LeTigre large scripts never load.

I've not been in a position to try this on other channels yet.

Has anyone else seen or experienced this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.