i did a limit sell, but my lindens haven't been sold

AngelicShadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did a limit sell of 280 lindens at a 280L/1usd rate, i see that there are limit buy amounts that match the sell amount and rate i posted at, so why havent my lindens sold ?

*update*   Was just a computer glitch, my USD Ammount just didnt update, is fixed now. Thanks for the help.

2 answers to this question

Because your asking price is ludicrous.

The Linden Dollar trades up and down in a narrow range, but always stays close to $L250 = $1 USD.  Nobody is going to offer to pay you a whole dollar for a single Linden Dollar, when they can buy 250 of them for the same price!

Cancel your existing limit sell offer and make a more realistic one.  An offer at 247 should sell in a few days.

• Like 2

Look at the buy-sell prices being listed. Scroll way down the page. There are no L$1/US$1 orders. Saying ti was a rediculous prices was being kind. I think you are miss reading the table and misunderstanding the exchange's Buy/Sell process.

Currently they are showing Sell orders as:

Exchange Rate Total Remaining Quantity
L$247 / US$1.00 L$109,796,364

Read that as L$247 for US$1. This shows that few people are willing to pay a dollar for L$247. So, L$109 million in ordres has stacked up. If you make a sell order for L$247 you will have to wait for the whole L$109 million to sell before yours closes. All the L$248 orders have been filled and closed.

This money exchange is a person to person auction. You can set any price you want. But, someone has to be willing to meet your price for your sell to happen.

Place a sell at L$248 and it will happen quickly.

The site shows Buy orders as:

Exchange Rate Total Remaining Quantity
L$257 / US$1.00 L$106,458,809

This shows people are easly getting L$256/US$1. But, there is currently L$106 million in orders @ L$257 stacked up.

The active gap for a quick transaction is between L$247 Sell & L$256 Buy. As buyers and Sellers cave they give ground on price and a transaction happens.

You could place a sell order for L$237 (A higher price but lower number). But there are no matching buy orders. Just look across the tables and see what people are willing to sell L$ for and what they are willing to buy L$ for. You have to find a match. If there is no match, there is no transaction.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.