I have lost 99% of my Linden balance

Raisin Runo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

That depends on how you "lost" it. 

If you gave it to someone else, either intentionally or unintentionally, you ask them to give it back.  Good luck. 

If you spent it on things in Marketplace or in world, it's gone. 

If you gambled with it, don't tell anyone.  You can get banned from SL for that. 

If you clicked on something that asked for permission to debit your account, and then you said "YES", you have fallen for an old and very bad con game.  You will probably never see your money again but you should submit an Abuse Report to Linden Lab right away, just in case. 

Finally, if you gave someone your login information and you have suddenly discovered that your money is missing, follow these very important instructions immediately >>>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5

Oh, and you probably ought to check the Transaction History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account to see where your money actually went.

• Like 3

Just one thing to add to Rolig's comprehensive answer. If you are looking at your linden balance in your viewer and you haven't checked by logging into your account on the web site it is possible that your viewer is displaying incorrect data. This can be a viewer fault, e.g. one of the figures in the balance hidden by another component in the menu bar or it can be that the viewer wasn't able to fetch the data back from the server where that data is held.

I notice that there is unscheduled maintenance in progress on the billing system.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.