Help

ChristianmgGrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Christian,

You can discover the source of that mysterious amount via the Transaction History link in your web dashboard. That only goes back a month, so if the money was gifted to you prior to that, I don't know of a way to discover the source. If you find the transaction in your history, and do not know the giver, you may want to consider immediately giving the money back. We've heard of numerous instances of people being gifted stolen money, then having their accounts frozen by Linden Lab until the money can be returned.

Good luck!

If the transaction shows "System" as the giver, then it could be an adjustment to your balance that's correcting some earlier error.  If you're a Premium member, $L1,000 of it could be your one-time bonus payment that's given after you've been Premium for 45 days.

I would not worry that you've received stolen $L, as Maddy suggests.  For one thing, that would have come from another resident, not "System."  Also, those who use this sort of scam to get people banned will generally send much larger amounts, like $L10,000.  In any case, I would not try to return the money.  If you think it might be a scam, don't spend it, and file a Support Case with LL, giving the transaction details and asking them to look into the matter.  That way, the most that would happen is that LL would take the money back out of your account.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.