why does the blank hair never go away and combines with other hair styles

tytheguy111

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i got a full avatar kit and i put it all on and the tarable looking blank hair never went away and it combined with the new hair style and it looks awful and i cant un wear or deleate damn i cant even edit the blank hair

i need help lol i am a noob btw i just started last night

3 answers to this question

tytheguy111 wrote:

i got a full avatar kit and i put it all on and the tarable looking blank hair never went away and it combined with the new hair style and it looks awful and i cant un wear or deleate damn i cant even edit the blank hair

i need help lol i am a noob btw i just started last night

The wearable object labled "hair" (head in profile in the inventory listing) is one of the required parts of any avatar. Most avatars wear one where the old hair helmet itself has been shrunken into the head until its invisible and the hair object itself is only used to control eyebrow shape. You can substitue one hair wearable for another but the system won't allow an avatar without one. You can either edit the one you're wearing to change all the slider values to their minimums or just put on another "hair" wearable. 99% of the ones you'll find these days will be invisible.

• Like 1

As Theresa says, the system hair (the object that looks like a little head of hair in your inventory) is a required item, along with a skin, shape, and eyes.  You can't take these off, only wear another similar item.

Most hair (and complete avatars) will come with a special system hair style called a "baldy", "bald cap" or "eyebrow shaper."  These are just system hair styles with the adjustment sliders set to zero to give you a bald appearance, so you will look good when you wear a prim hair "wig."

If the one that came with your new avatar outfit doesn't make you look bald, then either go into Appearance/Edit Outfit, click it and then click the wrench icon to adjust its sliders...or enter "bald" or "eyebrow" in the inventory search window and look for another baldy to put on.

If neither of those work for you, there are some free baldies at White Tiger Help Island in the hair store, in a gift box.

• Like 1

Hi

click on the black hair so it high lights,

then from the menu, pick detach. and its gone.

now press control and I

that open the inventory

at the bottom you will find the library, open that and search for the avatar in there.

once you find them open a avatar folder its full of icons and click on the hair and pick wear.

if you do not like it, pick the next one and try again.

but remember to detach the hair you do not like.

enjoy sl

press control and F

that's the Sl search

type into it

Help at Caledon, that is the English tutorial in game, check that out.

good luck

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.