my furniture keeps floating

stargaze99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I got a Jaccuzi but when I had put it on the ground it started floating everywhere!  I am new here and I am sure it is a simple uncheck or something but would appreciarte if smeone can help me.. Strange but another bathtub had no problem like that,  Very old fashioned pc thinking here it seems in the design.  Hope they change these things and make defaults much better.

I dont need any lectures just a simple answer woudl be nice.  Not sure how to reply to quesitons here but in time I am sure I will become quite familiar.

My point was that it should default to the item being on the ground rather than floating in the air!  Also the bathtub was perfect and it took me 30 seoncds to put it where I wanted but the Jaccuzzi which is simmilar but by a different developer keep floating!!  Anyways it seems it is useless to post here as you guys .seem to be more interestwdin getting Kudos than answering.  Wish I had more time as SL looks cool but these things take all the fun away

3 answers to this question

Who do you mean with "they"? What defaults? And no, changes won't happen. An old computer stays old, while technology moves on. But this has nothing to do with your furniture...

sometimes its not that easy to place furniture directly on the ground and because second life doesn't know any sort of gravity, you have to open the building menu and change the position of your furniture by yourself.

• Like 3

This mostly sounds like a good opportunity to become more familiar with the Second Life building tools.

Like Syo says, I wouldn't be sure anyone will fix 'floating', in SL its our own responsibility to fix positioning problems and organise our objects.

If you think your jacuzzi is defective (after understanding more about how objects work in SL, and determining what is going wrong), you should contact the creator directly.

• Like 2

Hi stargaze,

Your Jacuzzi probably has a deep bottom that hits the ground when you rez it. The internal waterline may obscure that fact. So, you've got to move it with the edit tools, forcing it to the elevation you desire. Some Jacuzzis are designed to be rezzed at the SL waterline, using SL water to fill the tub. You'll have to push those down after rezzing to make them look and work correctly.

And finally, I hope it's not your general style to insult people from whom you're asking help. That makes it seem like you've no real interest in learning.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.