in my inventory some items have as owner some of the groups I joined why and how to change it?

Casimora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There is a lot pf items that when I start checkung the owner are names of different groups I joined, why that happens and how do I change it? That happened with my dogs bowls and I was able to change it but in other like shoes and clothing I can

not. HELP!

2 answers to this question

Hi there,

objects show the group you had active when you rezzed/wore that object. It doesn't mean the group owns that object and has any right to it/can do something with it! Next to the group name you have a little button where you can select another group, or none.

Unless you manually deed the object to a group it can say whatever it wants and won't have any effect :)

• Like 1

In your inventory???

The only way I can think of for this to happen is:

1.  You rezzed an item in world.

2.  You then Deeded the object to a group.  When you click the Deed button in the Edit window, the object's owner changes to whatever group you currently have active.

3.  You then used Take or Return to put the object back in your inventory.

Or maybe, somehow, a bulk Return of your objects from group owned land caused it, though I've never heard of that happening.

Rez an item.  Right click it, select Take.  Now look at it in your inventory.  If should show you as the owner again.  Repeat for the other items.

While you should always wear the tag of the land group when rezzing objects on that land to avoid getting them auto-returned, you should never Deed objects to a group.  The exception to this is things that control land media, like radios and TVs.  These need to be deeded to a land group on group-owned land in order to function.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.