My inventory is gone. Where did all of the things I bought go?

skys0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been off of the game for some time, as I just moved and needed a new PC. Now that I have a new PC I downloaded, installed and am now playing but nothing that I had is in my inventory. My freinds list has the same friends so I know this is my account, so where is my stuff? 

3 answers to this question

Congratulations on returning to Second Life.

There are three possibilities.  The most likely is that your local inventory cache is corrupted.  Don't worry, your actual inventory is kept on the Linden Lab servers, so it should be possible to retrieve it.  See this link for instructions on how to MANUALLY clear your cache: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear  Once you have done that, shut off your computer, your router, and your internet modem.  Wait a couple of minutes.  Reboot everything.  Now, log in to an empty, quiet region like Pooley or Heckendorf.  WAIT for your inventory to load.  You can speed it up some by typing text into the inventory search bar.  But don't move or rez or wear anything.  You can IM your friends, but don't teleport anywhere.  Be patient until it's fully loaded.

The second possibility is that a lot of your stuff was illegally copied items.  If the creator(s) filed a DMCA notice with LL, Linden Lab will remove copybotted items from your (and everyone's) inventory and replace them with generic items.

The last possibility is that someone got access to your account, and deleted or transferred your items.  The most usual means is by getting you to fall for a "phishing" scam and enter your password on a counterfeit web page.  If you suspect your account may have been compromised, follow the instructions here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

There is a fourth, very remote, possibility:  Linden Lab messed up and actually lost your stuff.  If you have a Premium account, you can file a Support Case for this issue.  If you are not Premium, but had a large inventory, it may be worth it to you to get a one month Premium membership.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.