Failed abuse report

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have attempted to file an abuse report on three separate occasions in the past two days with the same results. I get an e-mail saying that the delivery of the report failed... Can anyone help me?  Or point me in the direction of who I need to speak to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi celesteKK,

Out of interest, do you have your Second Life account registered to a Yahoo-managed domain? Like Yahoo.com or a country-specific derivative? I've seen issues receiving mail from secondlife.com because Google (who operate secondlife.com's mailboxes) don't like Yahoo. A change of Email address attached to your account resolves this issue.

Technical information on the problem I describe: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140405103521AAkVCVV

For the best answer, post the contents of the delivery failure notice to this forum (with any identifying information removed). Without information from you it's impossible to determine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the exact same problem over the last few days. I've tried to file 4 AR's on the same avi who keeps harassing me, and ive gotten emails on every one of them saying they were undeliverable. Yes, i also have a yahoo email. Here is a copy of the email they sent..

Today at 4:35 PM
----- Forwarded Message -----
This is the mail system at host sim10351.agni.lindenlab.com.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.
                   The mail system
<indra-abuse@secondlife.com>: host aspmx.l.google.com[74.125.25.27] said:     550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to     domain's 550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact administrator of yahoo.com     domain if 550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit 550-5.7.1     http://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about DMARC 550     5.7.1 initiative. ic5si527009pbc.59 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA     command) https://osiris.lindenlab.com/csr/home.php/ReportDetails/07b0b6296e7642059c5599ad718de507,e1a471b4-e743-95cd-76dc-8bdea67249b1
V3.7.10.291134
Abuser name: ********* Abuser location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Barbarossa/149/31/21 I have filed 2 other AR's on this person for using a graphics crasher and verbal/sexual abuse by PM. Now, he keeps hovering near me and landing on my boat/trying to sit in my boat. I keep ejecting him and he wont leave me alone.

While I'm pretty sure your reports have, in fact, been getting through -- at least based on what Soft Linden said in the jira BUG-5628,  it really wouldn't hurt to go there and submit a brief comment giving the information you've given here.  

That way, LL know the problem is still active, and it might even prompt someone to check to see if your ARs did, in fact, arrive safely.   

I checked on the jira bug page, and there doesnt seem to be an option for commenting anymore (unless i am totally blind). In any case, ive sent a total of 6 AR's on this one idiot, and i got delivery failure notices on 5 of them. I understand that the AR's are supposed to be going through regardless of what the email says, but just in case, i switched my email from yahoo to gmail. Hopefully that will fix the issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.