Reducing Tier Cost

Sabia Innovia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

Earlier this billing cycle, my land ownership went up to 4096 sq meters and I was charged $25 US. Now my land owndership is down to 2048 sq meters.  Will I be charged $15 US next billing cycle if I don't buy more land? (I have given up my Linden home but I don't think its 512 sq m. come into play here.)

Thanks for your help,

Sabia

Sabia Innovia wrote:

Hi!

Earlier this billing cycle, my land ownership went up to 4096 sq meters and I was charged $25 US. Now my land owndership is down to 2048 sq meters.  Will I be charged $15 US next billing cycle if I don't buy more land? (I have given up my Linden home but I don't think its 512 sq m. come into play here.)

Thanks for your help,

Sabia

You also have to manually lower your tier level in your account settings - you'll be charged for 4096 unless you do this. Tier is based on what you CAN own at that level, not what you DO own.

If you want more land, then yes expect to pay more!.   $25 a month for 4096 has been the going rate since 2008.  You can sell it and get a lower cost.  The smallest parcel has been a 4096 for me, but I owned up 2 full islands in the past.  The Linden homes are a joke.  You don't have to be a member, so you can rent as well. 

So just change to basic member and rent land. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to be a premium member and buy mainland, do create a goup and donate the land to the group. You have to have 2 members in the group, though they don't both have to be premium members. If you donate the land to the group you can get 10% more land before the tier goes up to the next level.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.