DJ recommendations please

walterwhiteSr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry I have to cross post this but tried the "Wanted" forum and not one single reply..

------------------

Hi, I am having private party this Sunday, at 1pm SL time.

I need an English Speaking DJ that not only can introduce songs, but has the ability to make it fun and get people in the mood to party!  I will audtion you ...  Needs to have all the stuff necessary for streaming and voice.

I will pay well plus the DJ can have his tip jar out as well..  If the performance is good may get an additional tip from me.

I can audition from 

5PM to 5am SLTime

If someone knows a good DJ fitting this description please IM me in-world and I will try to contact that DJ..

-------------

Reply here or the original post

I know a few DJ's who would meet all your qualifications, but I'd be really surprised if any of them would agree to an audition. Were I in their shoes I certainly would not. They would, on the other hand, probably be more than happy to let you know their current schedule of gigs so you can visit one and form your own opinion.

If you would like a list of names send me a PM here or an IM inworld, I will forward a list. I realize you're leaving it rather late if you want something in place for this Sunday, but you might get lucky.

walterwhiteSr wrote:

Sorry I have to cross post this but tried the 
forum and not one single reply..

------------------

Hi, I am having private party this Sunday, at 1pm SL time.

I need an English Speaking DJ....etc

Hi Walter, giving you some info.

1)  I'd suggest listing an amount that you're willing to pay.   Do you mean 500 $L or 5000 $L?   Be specific, and also willing to negotiate. 

2)  Give a genre of music that you're wanting, or at least some indication of type of music.   DJ's that specialize in Blues, Jazz, R & B, or Soul might not be interested in doing a gig that requires Heavy Metal or Acid Punk so give the prospective DJ an idea of what to expect. 

3)  Give a time that your party ends.  If the party starts at 1 pm SLT, are you wanting one or two hours of music?   Most DJs do a two hour set, but for the right price would be willing to do one hour, or more than two.

4) It can take upward of 30 songs to fill a two hour music set, so if you're wanting particular type of music, be aware that a DJ will spend at least one to two hours doing preparation for the music set.  (that's before the actual DJ gig!)

5)  Give other info.  Is this in an adult area, PG, etc.    Is it a themed party or birthday party, etc.

6)  Most good DJ's are booked regularly and have gigs.   Doing an audition for a one-off party, isn't out of the question, but most good professional DJs won't jump at that.

7) I'll pass the name of a DJ inworld that might be interested.

8)  I'm already booked this Sunday.....so it won't be me.  ; )

Found a DJ, after suggestions from friends, this forum, and other DJs sending people, the only one that worked out , was my GF and I hitting the clubs at the hours of our party and seeing who we liked best and finding out if they were available.  So it was audition as we listened to them during their gig shift.  Next time we will know this and do it several weeks in advance..  

I think we will be very happy with our choice he spent time with us, his DJ shift was fun and good music, and was helpful planning our party..

That's good to read. I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice. That's the nice thing about 'auditioning by auditing': you can see how you feel about a DJ without wondering whether he or she is doing something different to please you personally. You really get to see how the DJ interacts with the audience. Of course there are always 'regulars' at any gig, and they do tend to dominate the chat a little, but a good DJ will make sure everyone who arrives gets drawn into the conversation.

And, because of your other thread, I see I really do need to find out about Cards Against Humanity. I'd never heard of it prior to your thread.

walterwhiteSr wrote:

Found a DJ, after suggestions from friends, this forum, and other DJs sending people, the only one that worked out , was my GF and I hitting the clubs at the hours of our party and seeing who we liked best and finding out if they were available.  So it was audition as we listened to them during their gig shift.  Next time we will know this and do it several weeks in advance..  

I think we will be very happy with our choice he spent time with us, his DJ shift was fun and good music, and was helpful planning our party..

Hi Walter!  Yes, great to talk to you inworld.   Plus, I did remember you from when I played your request at Toby's!  *laughs*

I'm glad you found someone who will work out for you!  Happy partying on Sunday!  : )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.