radio for skybox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I set up a skybox for friend, and would like that person to be able to have access to radio system without changing my land sound stream.  I can't seem to find these type of radios on MP.  also a video-web-steamer too.  if you are reluctant to give actual product name or vendor suggestions please IM here or in world

thank you

walterwhiteSr wrote:

I set up a skybox for friend, and would like that person to be able to have access to radio system without changing my land sound stream.  I can't seem to find these type of radios on MP.

thank you

You can't get there from here. 

Unless you isolate the sky box in its own parcel any change to the stream will effect all your land.

Stream coverage is vertical, not horizontal.

I dont have a recomendation on a video viewer.

before I own land I rented skybox that had independant radio.  it doesn't work on the sound stream.  can't rem how it worked, I never actually used it, was in bunch of extras the landlord provided.  I gave the skybox with my house to friend she used it, said it worked.  I think ea person has to load hud to here the stream.

see reply by koltari

Hello Walter,

a) Open your inventory.

b) Type in the search bar:  Media Player

c) Rez the default Media Player SL had provide us since 2006.

d) Find out how it works and then teach me!

p.s Every prim can be a media player, if we simply DRAG and DROP from our internet browser an address to its contents.

p.s2 Instructions for the Default Media Player from Ben Linden --->>>

Quick Start guide:
-------------------
Rez Media Player on your land
Pop Popcorn
Click on the "Play" button (green triangle)
Enjoy!

Not working?
-------------------
Make sure you rezzed the player on your land, and that you are on the same parcel. Streaming movies work the same way streaming music does in Second Life - one stream per parcel, only the owner of the land can set it (or a scripted object owned by the landowner).

Make sure you have streaming media enabled - you can check this in the Preferences (Edit Menu> Preferences) under the "Media" tab. Make sure the "Play Streaming Media When Available" box is checked.

Do you have QuickTime installed on your computer? You can get it free at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Changing Movies
-------------------
To change movies, right click on your land and choose "About Land" from the pie menu. Under the Media tab you can change the Media URL (and the texture that the movies replace). You can also change whether the Media auto scales - this is helpfull if you want to make screens bigger than 10 meters (The media player automatically checks this box when it is rezzed).

SL will let you stream any media type that QuickTime plays (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/products/qt/specifications.html) including flash movies and MPEG-4 movies! If you don't know if QuickTime will play it, give it a try, there is a decent chance it will work.

Movie Trailers:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/
Interenet Archive Movies:
http://www.archive.org/movies/movies.php

---------------
Any questions, IM Ben Linden

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for to change the music in a parcel, is exactly as Perrie says. It goes Vertical!

As for what you had when you was renting a skybox,

it was a prim radio that was scripted and able to change the stream URL on the parcel.

As for links for the Marketplace payed media players, I will let others to suggest.

Cheers

beethros Karas

Music can also be played through shared media.  You just have to go to the web sites that play music.  Many radio stations have listening sites and there are tons available on the Shoutcast web site where they can listen to any one of them through the web site.

For a shared media player Here is a free one    Here is one for 10L  These are the first ones I found. There are also others that are free or minimum cost.  Search in MP under Audio and Video using No Deed or Shared Media as the search term.  Try out a few before deciding what to give your tenants.  I can't endorse any of them as I haven't tried them 

When I need shared media players I make my own.  Here is the Knowledge Base article explaining shared media.

Just be sure you put the rentals far enough apart so they don't hear the media from other skyboxes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.