Trouble using poseball

AussiePaul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am trying to help a friend use the poseballs in second life. She was using the second life viewer but has changed under my reccomendation to Firestorm. She could not use the poseballs in the second life viewer and still cant now. It seems to me that she cannot see the message for the "allow the toy to animate your avatar" part of the process. It seems like it is just not there although I am not able to see her computer screen. Is there a way this could have been turned of so as to always "Ignore " these messages? Thanks for any help

Paul.... and Angie.

She may have accidently muted them. Tell her to access her blocked or mute list and see if she has any users or objects in the list

Not sure how to directly access blocked list in viewer 3 other than right clicking on an object and chose manage and then block and it will open the blocked list. Older viewers, the mute list can be accessed thru the VIEW menu at top

Thanks for the reply Dilbert.

That sounds like it may be the issue. She only downloaded Firestorm yesterday? or maybe the day before anyway it should be the latest version... 

It seemed like she was having the same problem in the second life viewer, before moving to firestorm.

I'm thinking it is probably a setting that she has changed accidently in the original viewer and it has carried over in to Firestorm (as it should ) ... otherwise you would have to redo all of your preferences when you change to Firestorm ... and that is not the case, thankfully.

I think you are probably spot on about this.

I'll try to  find the setting on mine and then talk her through checking it.

At least I know have a place to start looking... and some terminology.

Thanks again,

I'll let you know how it goes.

Paul.

AussiePaul wrote:

Hi I am trying to help a friend use the poseballs in second life. She was using the second life viewer but has changed under my reccomendation to Firestorm. She could not use the poseballs in the second life viewer and still cant now. It seems to me that she cannot see the message for the "allow the toy to animate your avatar" part of the process. It seems like it is just not there although I am not able to see her computer screen. Is there a way this could have been turned of so as to always "Ignore " these messages? Thanks for any help

Paul.... and Angie.

Blocking/muting an object does not prevent you sitting on it or using it and I have tested this with both my poseballs and those belonging to others. Neither does selecting only my objects or selecting only movable objects.

I wonder if she is wearing a shield of some sort and anytime she tries to right click / sit on poseballs, she is clicking the onscreen invisible shield and not the object. She can easily see if she is wearing a shield by pressing CTRL+ALT+T and see if she is surrounded by a large red ball..

This would explain why she is seeing the same occurrence over different viewers. v3 and Firestorm do not share the same settings.

EDIT: Just been mentioned to me inworld that it may be a huge face/body light either.

I just discussed this with her. Its sort of difficult to get a clear picture because she is not really sure what she is expected to see  ... it turns out (apparently) she does not even see the pie chart when she clicks on a poseball .....she does on every thing else she clicks on, though.... (in her words). and she said she did see the pie chart thing to start off with.

She checked the block list and there was nothing in there at all.

I am going away on wednesday for a weeks holiday and no internet .

While I'm away, she is gonna uninstall both viewers and probably only reinstall Firestorm.

Even as a newbie she prefers it.

I will do some more research into it before I go and then look into it again when I get back.

Thanks for the assistance. I  appreciate the time spent in offering it. She does too... she just does not know why it is not working.

She was just confused when she started to talk to me in a sand box.  She was trying to learn to use the program and it wasnt working as it should for her... well, in that one way, anyway.

There were some poseballs in the sandbox and that was what she was "practicing" on.

Ohh.... I didnt see the posts about the shield till after she went off line, so I havn't checked about that yet. she doesnt have a big head or anything. Her avatar looks and moves just normalyy for a newbie!!!! (No AO loaded yet).

This poseball thing is frustrating ehre and she is spending all of her time online (just about) trying to get that to work. 

Cheers,

Paul.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.