Mesh clothing designer wanted

Kaleia Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for a mesh clothing designer for a cheerleading outfit. I am not asking for much. I just need a cheer outfit for Toodledoo and regular mesh.. Xs,Xxs,S,M,L,XL...I will need my team name on it, etc. Please send me an IM inworld if you will be capable of doing it. Please give me a reasonable amount (Since people had problems with this earlier, what I mean by this is. Please give me the total amount on what it is worth and not what you "Want".) I know it takes time, but I will be happy to pay you according to the detail and how much time you put into it. If you spent a day making it, what makes it cost 30K?

A reasonable amount is anything less than "I can do that myself". If it's 30k, even 5k. Then that's not reasonable because I can get a template and do it myself but I rather not go through all the trouble when someone else can do it for me and probably better. I see people charging nearly 30k for a custom 2 piece outfit. That's not reasonable at all. 

So you want someone too work for you for slave wages.  At 5k that is only about $20US.  So if it takes someone a week full time to complete the project they will make 50 cents an hour. 

Please contact me because I have a job in RL and will gladly pay you the "unreasonably" high rate of 50 cents an hour.

No problem. I understand that the price for custom mesh creation is far beyond what you have in the budget.

I therefore point you to the destroyer of value and creator of false expectation. You'll find a cheer leader template on marketplace full perm for L$250.

Instead of seeking mesh crearon for a value that nobody in their sane mind can meet, it might be worth looking for someone just to texture a template instead.

I wouldn't call it "slave wages". Slaves do not get paid if you want to get technical. I am not asking for much. I simply just said that I do not want to spend 30K on something that can be done for less than 5K. 20 dollars may not seem like a lot to you but it is to others. Keep that in mind. I am not saying that I can't afford it, but what I can't afford is paying for something that is way to much for what it needs to be. If you weren't here to help me then I don't think you should had commented anything. But I also understand if it will take a week to do. I will pay them for what it is worth. But if it takes a day, why should I pay them 30K for it? Also, there are templates online that I can do this myself for just 250L. That will be a back up option if I can't get someone to do it exactly how I want. You pay for what you get and even though I can get it by doing it on my own, I want to pay someone else to do it the right amount that they deserve. But all I am saying is that 30K or even 10K does not seem like it would take that much to do what I am asking. Do not be so quick to assume with your "Slave" remark. Thank you. 

Siera, i'm afraid that what you're saying appears contradictory:-

"I am not asking for much. I simply just said that I do not want to spend 30K on something that can be done for less than 5K."

What makes you feel it can be done for 5k?  Yep, someone with no commercial clue may offer to spend several days starting from scratch to make exactly what you want for nothing but commercially, 5k won't get anyone out of bed to start from nothing to make a custom mesh item, weighted, textured.  There are HOURS... not one or two... several hours to get to a point before even starting on texturing, then multiple sizes and so on.  Please don't assume that "custom mesh" is just a little job and isn't WORTH anything more than a few thousand L$.

"but what I can't afford is paying for something that is way to much for what it needs to be."

How do you know what it needs to be?  Last mesh clothing item I made took a month.

"But I also understand if it will take a week to do. I will pay them for what it is worth. But if it takes a day, why should I pay them 30K for it?"

This is where i'm confused, you'll pay someone what it's worth if it takes a week but you won't pay 30k and would really only wish to pay 5k?  Which is it as it's a bit confusing to me and probably other people who may do something custom.

It won't take less than a day... no way, much more unless you want something that's junk and rushed and untextured!  So, now factor in $20 US per hour and even at a day you're already on L$40k for the day and yes, RL time costs RL money value when you're talking about something where people value time.  There's no reason that creators should throw away their own personal time just because someone has littered SL with full perm for almost free prices and removed any concept whatsoever of time and value.  On the other hand, those will sell in bulk and that's why the one you have seen is L$250 and not L$100,000 or more.

"Also, there are templates online that I can do this myself for just 250L."

See above!

"You pay for what you get and even though I can get it by doing it on my own, I want to pay someone else to do it the right amount that they deserve. But all I am saying is that 30K or even 10K does not seem like it would take that much to do what I am asking."

Again, you've acknowledged that you get what you pay for and want to pay the right amount which is deserved but then have already decided prior amounts as to what this is, it seems without having any experience as to what's involved as to why custom mesh costs aren't L$250 for a complete new item, fully textured in multiple sizes.

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.