my avatar keeps walking

Cheekytracy Allerhand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

Well, you got the right advice.  You just need to work harder at it.  You have a wonky Internet connection, so your viewer and the SL servers are not quite in sync.  By the time the servers get word from your viewer that you have tried to move your av, you are already trying to move somewhere else.  Open your Statistics Bar (CTRL + Shift + 1) and take a look at the Ping Time number near the top of the display.  It may vary a lot, but if it occasionally goes over about 150 msec, that's an indication that something is slowing down signals between your computer and the servers.

If your router is more than three years old, consider replacing it.  Equipment does age, and newer technology does tricks that an older router didn't know.  Also, a cable connection is usually better than wifi and definitely better than a satellite connection, but there are all sorts of cable connections.  Talk to your cable company.  Ask them to check your line too.  I had a similar problem about three years ago, and my ISP traced it to corrosion in their junction box at the street.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.