Please help.Using LATEST firestorm viewer, with CLEAN install, i see people grey,as of yesterday

Haruwaki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have the LATEST firestorm viewer, ABLE to support the new server side baking changes, and now after a year of SL, im seeing everyone grey,  when this new viewer is suppose to correct this. Did clean install, removed caches, tryed Official SL viewer also, all remains the same.Restarted Router, Tryed stuff like removing HTTP textures, followed and read steps in articles such as this( http://blog.nalates.net/2013/08/23/second-lifes-new-bake-fail/  )And seems all blog posts i read, just provide answers,  such as u need the latest SL viewer....regardless of being stated that THE LATEST viewer is in USE already  that should solve and be compatible with server side baking. Always had a good connection i believe, no issues such as this until yesterday, nothing seems to fix it.  ( 5th of June,  2014.)  Others are grey, textures dont load, Alphas wont load, im also grey.  Once again would like to refer to the fact that this issue never happened before.  And since i already did all this steps, AND have the latest VIEWER, that SUPPORTS server side baking, i find this quite hard to explain,  will it go away soon?  are more people being affected?

thank you

4 answers to this question

Haruwaki wrote:

I have the LATEST firestorm viewer, ABLE to support the new server side baking changes, and now after a year of SL, im seeing everyone grey,  when this new viewer is suppose to correct this. Did clean install, removed caches, tryed Official SL viewer also, all remains the same.Restarted Router, Tryed stuff like removing HTTP textures, followed and read steps in articles such as this(
)And seems all blog posts i read, just provide answers,  such as u need the latest SL viewer....regardless of being stated that THE LATEST viewer is in USE already  that should solve and be compatible with server side baking. Always had a good connection i believe, no issues such as this until yesterday, nothing seems to fix it.  ( 5th of June,  2014.)  Others are grey, textures dont load, Alphas wont load, im also grey.  Once again would like to refer to the fact that this issue never happened before.  And since i already did all this steps, AND have the latest VIEWER, that SUPPORTS server side baking, i find this quite hard to explain,  will it go away soon?  are more people being affected?

thank you

A small number of people are reporting similar problems recently. Where are you from? Another person with a similar problem is from Portugal.

• Like 2

Ok took me some time to realise on how to reply to Theresa post. Yes theresa im in portugal.. But good to know of more people reporting this issue, might help on a solution faster, or at least in provoking a response from LL, in looking into this matter. thanks for the quick reply theresa

(I dont understand, i had to come to your profile, and select the post again there, to reply to your post, and in my own original post, my own answer is not there. Its the first time i use this, do we have to click on "accept solution", so posts become visible?) 

I really dont see a way to reply to your answer, in my own post, so others who go to thecnical realise i replyed. I see my original post, then i see your answer, then i dont see what im writing right now here on your post

Yes, Theresa is right, and probably she means I am that person from Portugal.

Please read all that it is written at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/SSA-messed-up/td-p/2740564 to check all that I tried so far. If you are in Portugal too, that may confirm some of my suspicions: that there is something wrong (a network) between the country and LL, no matter who your ISP is.

This morning, I had an IM from a third person whom I believe is also in Portugal — just waiting for her to be inworld and talk about this mess.

• Like 1

hi . Yes im in portugal. I really dont know how to reply to people who are posting on the thread. I dont see any option there where i can add a new comment . Ive been clicking "permalink" thing so i can be able to reply. thanks i will read the info

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.