Noone can see me !!!

lilmisslara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I run the new sl viewer, as does my partner.  I can see him, and everone else. He can see me, neither can anyone else. Why can everyone see him, hes running the same viewer?

The issue is not my computer.  I logged into another avi, friend of mine, and rezzed right away. Something is wrong with my avatar, her and her alone. I am a cloud, even in character test.  The only place I rezzed completely is the protected land Moses. When I tpd out, i went back to a cloud.

4 answers to this question

lilmisslara wrote:

I run the new sl viewer, as does my partner.  I can see him, and everone else. He can see me, neither can anyone else. Why can everyone see him, hes running the same viewer?

It sounds like there's a problem with something you were wearing at one time. Try either going to the "Avatar" button of the viewer or the "Library" area of your inventory and picking any other avatar to wear. If that makes you visible then you can try to rebuild the one you usually use by replacing the parts piece by piece.

• Like 1

Causes:

1) Internet Connection Issues as in your router's Firewall settings

2) Internet Connection Issues as in your service is slow, or dropping a lot of packets.

3) PC Related issues as in your Firewall settings

Do a SL / HELP display and push the little buttopn that says Copy to Clipboard and paste it in this Question:

DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD! - Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

• Like 1

lilmisslara wrote:

I run the new sl viewer, as does my partner.  I can see him, and everyone else. He can see me, neither can anyone else. Why can everyone see him, hes running the same viewer?

The issue is not my computer. 
I logged into another avi, friend of mine, and rezzed right away. Something is wrong with my avatar, her and her alone. I am a cloud, even in character test.  The only place I rezzed completely is the protected land Moses. When I tpd out, I went back to a cloud.

OK this is useful information. Here is one weirdity that we have encountered. If you have used Phoenix or Firestorm in the past, and are now using the Official SL Viewer, open your inventory and locate any Phoenix or #Phoenix or Firestorm or #Firestorm system folders, open them, remove any objects that you are currently wearing from them, then delete the folders.

This will fix one of the known avatar rezzing issues...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.