Loggin error: problem using the default permissions due to the following reason Status_No_Connection

Minuet Torok

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting the same error Status_No_Connection i am using Second Life 3.7.27 (300636) Apr  7 2015 11:49:41 (Second Life Release) ... when i try to login after I updated  the LL viewer I recieve an error this is a windows 8.1 system   ... aynone else with the same problem or a solution?I have taken off all attachments, i noticed that when the PC goes to login to sl it asks for region capabilities and for some reason it is at this point the program goes awry ... if it makes it past this part ... i login and it is fine unless i TP ...

I have restarted the pc  and the routers and further logged into my own international server and had no issues or network errors ... i have shut off firewalls to test if that was the problem.  I do not have any network issues ... This is not transient problem that will magically vanish ...  it has been going on since the upgrade although with the second update today it improved this glitch it is still happening when i TP ... it logs me out with the same error   ... I also checked the installation ... and deleted cleared and cleaned the program off and reinstalled it ... same glitch ....

2 answers to this question

When you ask a question like this include information about your computer and viewer. Get the information from the viewer in HELP->ABOUT...

Since you are getting a 'no connection' error it is assumable that you have a network problem. Having a good Internet Connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL Servers. So, you need to test your connection to SL. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/ 

Most network problems are transient. Given a few minutes to a few hours they will appaer to self correct. So, be patient and avoid ripping you computer and viewer install appart until you know where the problem is.

Restart your computer. While it is down, restart your gateway and router. Those steps generally correct most network problems.

Hi Minuet!

As you've indicated you have seen this error repeatedly, it would be really helpful if you could report it on LL's bug tracker. This can be done using the Help Menu - Report Bug, or click  Bug Tracker  I did a search and don't see it reported there as yet, although it has been reported on Firestorm's JIRA.

The Firestorm developer suggests this is a combination connection and/or region issues and following a certain number of attempts, it gives up and offers the error message. A connection issue doesn't necessarily preclude a bug lurking.

A few Firestorm beta testers have seen this error including me, but I'm unable to reproduce it easily - it's random and has only happened twice. 

I was reading elsewhere it's also related to the newly added Default Creation Permissions floater located in the Build Menu - Options. 

If you opt to file it on LL's bug tracker, it would be nice if you posted the link back here.

Thanks and best wishes. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.