If today's issues were fixed, why am I crashing every time I try to tp

Marjika Frimon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If the issues from earlier today were fixed, and my computer is otherwise working perfectly fine, why am I continuously crashing. Every time I try to tp, I crash, and I have even crashed once while not tping, and I never crash. I have no lag or any other issues, simply crashing at every turn.... 

3 answers to this question

You haven't told us enough to know why you might be crashing. So, we are guessing.

Use HELP->ABOUT... in the viewer, before or after you log in. Copy paste that info with your tech questions.

That your computer started crashing after SL went down may be a coincidence. Or there may be a cause and effect.

Use CPU-Z, GPU-Z, and Open Hardware Monitor to see what your computer is doing. Did a fan die and you have started over heating? Did a memory chip fail? Lots of things to eliminate. SL will drive chip temps up and use memory that often isn't used in regular use.

A bad connection to the SL servers can create odd problems. The Troubleshooting article will get you started figuring out if the problem is you or not you.

Look in the viewer's SecondLife.log to see what it says the problem is.

C:\Users\[Win_login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\

Start at the end and work back toward the beginning. Problems are marked as an error or warning. You have to look at the log AFTER you crash. The log is deleted and a new one writen when the viewer is started.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.