Problems after Update

TheRegular

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just updated my secondlife viewer and now i am unable to log into my account. It will go through the log-in process but once it reaches the end, it will freeze and then crash with the default "view ims blah blah" with the grey background. What's weird is that when I try to log-in with my friends account, it works just fine. Could anyone please tell me what could be the problem and suggest some solutions?

TheRegular wrote:

oh I hope i dont get into any trouble if thats considered sharing accounts, my friend suggested I try it only to see if there was something wrong with my own account.

But thank you, your suggestion helped

There is nothing in the TOS that says you can't let another person use your account.

The TOS sugests that it is a bad idea BECAUSE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS WITH YOUR ACCOUNT.

In other words, if your friend violates the TOS while using your account, you are the one who pays the price.

I find Phoenix Firestorm a bit more stable....last time I used SL viewer many years ago, same thing happened to me, but I got stuck logging in to my own island and could never teleport or accept teleports, and was stuck on my house balcony for 6 weeks. If I used one of my alt accounts it was fine...but not my main account. 6 weeks is a long time in SL not to be able to go anywhere...someone told me my inventory was too big, but not reducing my inventory, after 6 weeks it mysteriously fixed itself......I have not had any issues with Firestorm, no matter the size of my inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.