Group Build Still Works for Group Members Even When Unchecked on Land Menu

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've replicated this bug. Thoughts?

I seem to recall this is a relatively new problem. There may have been a JIRA on it.

The purpose of the check-off box for build on the land menu having two components  -- "everyone" and "group" -- is to enable you to close your land to building only buy a group AND also close it even to the group that the land is set to. This is obviously vital to rental homes, malls, various group projects.

Yet it doesn't work, leaving a vulnerability for griefing.

As you have found out you have only two choices if the land is set to a group or group owned.  Everyone and group.  There is no owner only option.  You can control it to a degree though in the group by going to the roles tab and then the specific roles and unchecking the authorities that allow people to rez things.

If you want to have the land set so that only you as owner can build, then it has to be individually owned and not set to group. 

This is not a bug to my knowledge, just the way things work.

No, it's not about land ownership, single owner or group.

It's about land settings that don't work that used to work. I've been in SL eight years. These checkoff boxes worked differently in the past.

The whole point of group rentals is that they must be in a group -- otherwise you a) can't get the group tier bonus and b) can't have roles in the group that apply to the land, like some getting the ability to ban, others not, some getting the ability to deed and sell objects, others not, etc. etc. This is been in wide practice in mainland rentals for ages.

If you put your land on only group-set, then somebody can set prims on it, but you can't apportion different roles as you can on group-owned land with different levels of access to the land.

And no, I'm not going to set up roles that have no build. That's not the solution. In a rentals group, you have to have people be able to build. And I as I've explained, I'm keeping the group open for the convenience of tenants and friends.

A checkoff box that doesn't work to do what it says it does has a bug, and is not "a feature request".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.