BUG-4121 - Intense typing lag on Mac viewers

Spook Maroon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there any work or interest in fixing this bug for Mac users?  This bug has been opened for a year and some third party viewers have picked this up too which renders SL unusable for people.  I found a third party viewer that escaped this nasty thing, but I probably won't be updating that in case that one does get the wrong piece of LL code and I won't be able to use that one either.  I'm a DJ in world and I volunteer for Relay For Life and I'd like to be able to function in world.

Sorry for letting my frustraton show, but it's frustrating to support a service that doesn't seem to support a portion of their users. I've been in world for more than seven years and it's starting to feel like nothing's being done to correct this issue.  I know it's not going to be fixed overnight, but a year?

• 2 weeks later...

The problem has been looked at by the Lindens and others. The Linden call is that it is an Apple issue. Updating to the most current build of the Mac OS solves the problem for the Lindens that use Mac.

So, last I heard the Lab has no interest in working on the problem. They think there is an easy fix.

Has this been reported to Apple?  Who would do this, LL or the users?  If the users, then how do we report it - or at least how would we write it up?  What part of Apple code is affected?

I'm on the latest build of OS X, 10.10.3 and it's as bad as it ever was.

If it IS an Apple issue, I certainly don't mind hounding THEM about it. A little help from the Lindens would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your reply. It very likely IS an Apple issue, and I appreciate your reply letting me/us know what the thinking (most probably) is over there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.