Can't Log In [I Don't Think Internet/Firewall/Antivirus is Why]

Javossa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am able to get on my mom's computer, but she is getting tired of me using it. We use same wifi, so there's no reason it should work for her and not me. I already looked under firewall and the box for Second Life is checked to accept it. I don't have an anti virus program (can't afford one), so I know that's not it either. After clearing my cache files, it still doesn't work. What should I do next?

Second Life 3.7.29 (301305) Apr 27 2015 11:41:55 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

CPU: AMD A10-5757M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics   (2495.34 MHz)
Memory: 7627 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8750M

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1191
OpenGL Version: 4.2.12217 Compatibility Profile Context 12.104.1.3000

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.38.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.31
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1800

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4434693356

Is this a good result?

Thanks for answering my question. I am downloading Avast right now. I really appreciate your recommendation.

Anyway, when I try to connect to Second Life, this is the message that comes up.

"Login failed.

Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong.

Please check status.secondlifegrid.net to see if there is a known problem with the service.

If you continue to experience the problem, please check your network and firewall setup."

That error normally means that there is a connection problem at your end. First thing to try is to turn off your router, or disconnect the power supply from it and leave it off for a couple of minutes to let the power drain. Then connect it back up again. If that doesn't fix it try Nalates troubleshooting page: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

When you ask a tech question we need info about your computer and viewer. Click HELP->ABOUT... and copy paste that info into your post.

Check the system requirements and make sure your computer will run SL.

Then as recommended by Ohjiro Watanabe, check your connection. Having a good Internet connection in your house does not mean every location in ths house has a good connection.

Ahh, thank you. I will try these methods and keep you guys posted.

I know the system specs meet Second Life. This computer has used it in the past, so there's no reason it shouldn't work now.

I bet you anything it's the internet connection. This connection's so bad, I have to constantly be right next to the modem in order to recieve any input.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.