Try to upload with weights disables the Upload Button...

Gaia Clary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi.

I found that the rigged default avatar from Domino's avatar.blend does no longer import to SL-mesh (for me) when i tick the "Skin weight" checkmark in the Modifiers section of the importer. The Upload button just Greys out then, without any notice why it doesn't like the weights. In the previewer i can see that the weights are there and the mesh looks correctly weighted. no spikes, no apparent errors...

I created a Jira entry, where i also dropped two dae files, one with an uploadable mesh, another one with a failing mesh:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CTS-608

I've got an avatar.blend from ages ago in the closed beta, probably the same file, and I was able to upload it a couple of days ago and mesh based on it.  It's possible that there's some kind of weighting issue with your file, or maybe you're uploading to a sim version that doesn't support weighting anymore (at least in the way we knew it)?  Hopefully the Lindens can shed some light on this through your JIRA entry.

I just commented on that jira, sorry for not realizing sooner that the problem wasn't just me doing stupid things:

The problem seems to happen only when exporting from the avatar.blend file provided by Domino Marama with the original vertex groups. New meshes built around the same skeleton with vertex groups created from bone heat upload fine. I was confused because I'm not familiar with the format, and while the joint array at the top of the file lists only the used vertex groups, a complete joints list is present towards the bottom of the file.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.