Liquid Mesh and Mesh with Blender

Lightesword Xue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have alot of questions regarding Liquid Mesh and Mesh and Blender.

I just returned from a 3 month absence and alot of people were excited about it, and telling me about it. But none of which were useful, just the "It's cool!" So please answer the following questions to the best of your ability, I would be most grateful of your time and patronage.

1) Define Liquid Mesh and it's purpose.

2) Depending on the answer to question 1, does liquid mesh make mesh outdated or does it compliment mesh as in having properties mesh does not have, like moving with avatar physics for example?

3) What version of Blender supports this Liquid Mesh AND mesh?

4) If performing a CLEAN INSTALL, what would I completely need to have blender on my PC and ready to make BOTH liquid mesh and mesh for upload compatibility for Secondlife?

(I apologize for my post, if it's a double, if it seems insulting, or noobish, but being a merchant, I need to know the details in a world that is always evolving towards the future and making most of my products obsolete.)

Scroll down at the link from arton - Exporting from Blender.

Fitted mesh (liquid mesh) moves with the avatar, but rigged mesh did that already, also it adjust with some NOT all of the shape sliders. Within a small range clothes would fit the avatar shape without upload several sizes. Poorly this doesn´t really work as it seems and the moving with animations still need alpha maps most time.

Mesh isn´t outdated by liquid mesh but when it comes to clothing - the minimum should be rigged for most. Buildings or vehicles still use the "old" mesh.

Most every version should support fitted mesh. I know that 2.69 does and 2.7 had/has problems.

You need a new base avatar downloaded from that link to work with fitted mesh (in blender). The whole rigging process has changed to use the collision bones.

If you want to work easier with blender and fitted mesh maybe have a look at Avastar. This is a addon to create clothes animations ... in blender.

Sorry my answers are sure not perfect but i think you get an idea.

Monti

• Like 1

Thank you both as well, that also helps greatly. I humbly appreciate the help and information. In a digital world, people usually want the latest and best, and this information will allow me and other likeminded indivduals to achieve that goal of service. I also ask if anyone else has something to add, do not hesitate to continue the discussion. Kudos!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.