Google still has indexed MadMen5 image on thumbnail.

Kampu Oyen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://www.google.com.co/search?rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&q=5424408+MadMen5&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=es&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=8iasT9uTCYKo8QTFwZ0a&biw=1366&bih=643&sei=9SasT_uvAcW9gAfgwOmEAw

Yes, the search link goes to a Tribe.net thread.

But the thread doesn't include the image thumbnailed on Google image search.

It comes up as thumbnailed because Google indexed it and thumbnailed it before the image was pulled off of the MadMen5 link shown on the Tribe.net link.

So, what can I say?

It's still there as far as Google is concerned.

Maybe if someone were asked nicely, someone could delete the Tribe.net thread.

Hmmm...

I'm pretty sure that proves that the MadMen5 image used to be part of the Second Life Marketplace front page, and that the image now used is the same.

No?

I seriously think it's way past time to shut down that promotion.

Every day it continues, the person who is trying to hide the connection to Mad Men is just digging herself into a deeper hole.

Just curious what reason you're getting moderator messages?

I see you're talking a lot about this one issue, but doesn't seem like that alone is a big deal deserving of moderation?

The reason I ask is because I want to follow the rules also & would not want to be banned for something I'm unaware of!

I've never got a moderator message, except once when i mentioned a product I created was for sale in SL because I was proud of what I made & wanted to tell others about it. Moderators jumped on that infraction mad quick making it clear I was never to speak of such things again anywhere around forums or some sort of big trouble would ensue!

So I learned my lesson & now only talk about completely unrelated topics, such as this thread here :catindifferent:

Coincidentally, that was the last product I made in SL. (Not to blame the moderator, it was probably just a natural departure point - one of those 'aha' moments where everything suddenly become as clear as day.)

Customers inworld still love my work & I am active to help them with any service needs, but feeling I had no voice around here anymore to talk openly about what I do, I flew away & haven't returned since creation-wise. I guess I felt like someone at the top was telling me that what I do here was unwanted -- & that obviously bodes poorly for my future here. It was a disheartening experience to be sure.

Since then I've become highly engaged creating independently, I'm unsure what (if anything) it would take to pull me back now, as I'm very satisfied & happy with my current creative work, which also happens to be quite largish & longterm projects.

Right now I'm just waiting for my occlusion data to finish baking :catvery-happy:

Well now it's off this link...

http://www.google.com.co/search?rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&q=5424408+MadMen5&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=es&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=8iasT9uTCYKo8QTFwZ0a&biw=1366&bih=643&sei=9SasT_uvAcW9gAfgwOmEAw

But not this one...

http://www.google.com.co/search?rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&q=5424408+MadMen5&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=es&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=8iasT9uTCYKo8QTFwZ0a&biw=1366&bih=643&sei=9SasT_uvAcW9gAfgwOmEAw#um=1&hl=es&rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WsSuT_aPL5HqgQfL8sS8CQ&ved=0CDsQBSgA&q=5424408+Mad+Men+5&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=68759288ae0053b1&biw=1366&bih=611

Which still leads here...

http://www.google.com.co/imgres?q=5424408+Mad+Men+5&um=1&hl=es&sa=X&rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&biw=1366&bih=611&tbm=isch&tbnid=m4Si2hiYCjUq8M:&imgrefurl=https://marketplace.secondlife.com/%3Flang%3Den&docid=SdHCPkvTPsn_9M&imgurl=https://d1ij7zv8zivhs3.cloudfront.net/assets/5424408/original/MadMen5.jpg%253F1334696563&w=700&h=275&ei=X8SuT6mQL8WMgwfx352nCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=353&sig=115382914745254965143&page=1&tbnh=70&tbnw=177&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:66&tx=88&ty=37

So I guess it's going to be around for a while one way or another, eh.

Maybe LL better just get used to the idea that anyone who wants to know from where they derived the concept for the Madstyle promotion will ultimately be able to find it if they are willing to dig a tiny bit.

They've already clearly assigned some value to making other parts of this data trail disappear, so I can only assume there would have been some value in not having it exist in the first place.

I wonder if they've considered the value of assuring that wheover produced the first piece of this data never gets the chance to produce something like that again.

Glad they are working on this issue. Maybe they will work on their "employment"/"hire" open liabilities next.

That's actually a really serious one too!

The fact that they've had it running under the radar for such a long time  -- so did the company I used to work for, for years -- shouldn't bring them any false comfort that it is safe business practice. It's extremely unwise to ignore federal labor laws by providing misleading links that give illusion there is some sort of job bank here, when reality is the links only lead to insufficient pay & exploitation of poor jobhunters.

Personally, I'm sick of being asked several times a day sometimes if I can help someone find a 'job'. Sure. most people don't get stuck in this loop -- understanding its all virtual. Yet, all too often, new people are coming inworld & seeking real 'employment'. These people need jobs in real life & shouldn't get caught up wasting time in here. I refuse to be part of this misleading scenario. In current economic conditions, it is just cruel to bring people inworld this way.

I wouldn't judge them with ill intent, I think Philip Rosedale & Co. truly believe this is 'workplace of the future' material -- all great disruptive/disassembly social engineering stuff for the 'herd animals' -- but federal justice will disagree & call it criminal.

They just haven't got stung on it yet.

If LL would just stop breaking things, there are a lot of places in the world where people actually could live on what they could be making in here after a few months, at least assuming they can access to the internet to begin with.

So, it is potentially a viable workplace for more people than currently, if the service should ever become consistent and stable enough to support a more continuous stream of income.

But that's just not where things are going unless someone begins to steer them in that direction with reasoned action instead of a bunch of fanciful talk.

As things stand, I only see two likely outcomes to allowing things to take their current course:

1) CTL headed for a massive personal crisis before leaving LL

2) CTL headed for a massive personal crisis after leaving LL

The second choice is the better one for everyone involved, including CTL, but that's just not how people respond in such situations while they continue to be blindly enabled by superiors.

For her own sake, I hope someone will help her to find her way to the door before even more people become more involved in her problem.

You do realize Commerce 'Team' Linden represents multiple Lindens right?

Hence the word Team in the name. This new name allows them to launch unpopular initiatives without any particular Linden getting 'shot for being the messenger', as is prone to happen around here.

Thinking back, I believe it was me that suggested this exact name quite some long time back (noticing the trouble of individual Lindens getting targeted with blame as scapegoats) and they adopted it, unless I'm hallucinating.

Funny how they uptake quite a lot of my insignificant ideas (like adding cat emoticons), they just don't take on the gamechanger big things I suggest (like making L$ cards that would be buyable in real-life public places, or an Apple-like developer application process to make 'merchant' signify something concrete). I guess they can't do all of my ideas, or that would make me CEO, no? hehehe

:catvery-happy:

Anyway, just like when everyone was mad at 'Jack Linden' it wasn't he was a maverick either. He was just following orders.

All directives will originate from the top. Remember your "stinky fish" quote?

I realize that CTL is probably supposed to represent multiple Lindens.

I also realize that CTL has effectively replaced one specific Linden in a number of ways, and that this began to happen after a specific incident which can be easily understood as making the change appear necessary.

After the 13 September incident, that Linden has stopped coming to this forum, stopped being assigned JIRAs (although CTL has 20% of the open ones) and stopped bothering to pretend to answer for things like 14 February, the Mad Men promotion or for the impending box shutoff while DD still does not support breedables.

She's hiding, and not hiding at all effectively.

Anyone who bothers to look at the chronology should be able to see that CTL has become a personal accountability sink for one specific Linden.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.