My card wont work. Iv used a walmart money card before and it worked fine, what has changed?

SilvarinDarklight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As the title says, What the heck. Iv used a walmart money card before and it worked fine, why doesn it work anymore. This is just ridiculous. I'm highly agrivated i went through all the trouble of getting a new card because my old one was cancled and now its an unsupported payment method??? This is the worst case of f**k you users I have ever seen. >_<

To edit this question, if it is an unsupported card type then why does it still take money from my account when i enter it in as a method. In every way i see it that is theft BECAUSE i cant use the card by it being an unsupported card type yet i cans till enter it in as a payment method???? That to me is just a method for linden labs to take my money... So now my question turns to this focus... is the card type really unsupported or did LL jsut make it that way? I'm getting really suspicious and i think to have fair reason to be. So just a simple copy and paste from the knowledge base isnt a good enough answer for me, I want a real answer not some cheap quick answer.

2 answers to this question

I guess you got lucky once.  A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

SilvarinDarklight wrote:

To edit this question, if it is an unsupported card type then why does it still take money from my account when i enter it in as a method. In every way i see it that is theft BECAUSE i cant use the card by it being an unsupported card type yet i cans till enter it in as a payment method???? That to me is just a method for linden labs to take my money... So now my question turns to this focus... is the card type really unsupported or did LL jsut make it that way? I'm getting really suspicious and i think to have fair reason to be. So just a simple copy and paste from the knowledge base isnt a good enough answer for me, I want a real answer not some cheap quick answer.

You're not likely to get anything else here.  After all, this is a resident-to-resident Answer site.  We are not Lindens and Lindens never come here.  We're SL residents, like you.  All we can do is tell you what we know from experience or can get from sources that you could probably find for yourself, like the Knowledge Base.  I can  tell you that the LL policy regarding prepaid credit cards is not new.  It's been around as long as I can remember -- over 5 years.  If you have a non-technical question regarding your account, I suggest that you call the Linden Lab billing office.  Do not expect a policy answer, however.  They are there to help troubleshoot issues with your account only.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067  (toll free call)

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.