WCIF Wearable Vehicle + Passenger Script?

Fitch Woodrunner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to wear a small spaceship, and be able to have another avatar sit on it in a specific spot. I would wear the ship on "Avatar Center". I already use a script that activates an animation when an opject is worn.

I know these "saddle" scripts exist, I found a dodgy one on the LSL page, but there are NO INSTRUCTIONS on how to set it up! Plus it has all sorts of dragon sounds, which could be replaced with sci fi sounds. Still instructions about where to put each script would be helpful!

I have looked on the MP for wearable vehicles that include a passenger, but I could not find anything close. I need this for all the places I cannot rez a vehicle.

You may contact me in-world about this: Fitch Woodrunner

Thank you ♥

Avatars cannot sit on another avatar's attachments, this is somewhere in the wiki but I'm not sure if it's in the entry for llSitTarget or llAttachToAvatar.

The workaround most people employ is for the passenger to sit on a prim with a follow script that tracks the other object or avatar. It sort of works... But don't expect it to manage sim-crossings well or survive TPs.

I am guessing that you have two scripts, one of which will go into an attachment you wear, and the other will go into a prim which the passenger sits on. I think the best place for you to ask about setting them up is in the LSL library forum here, but to help you, look through the scripts for a line like "llSitTarget", which will have to be inside the prim which is to track the saddle that you wear.

The major problem I see you your requirement though is that if you want to use such a system in sims which do not allow rezzing, your passenger must have already  be sitting on the prim before you both enter, and if the sim or parcel additionally does not allow object entry for all avatars, I don't think the follower prim will work.

as Prof has already said: the other person cant sit on your attachment. So thats out

the other requirement is to be able to use in a no rez area. So that rules out rezzing a vehicle(s) you can both sit on 

so that leaves towing

+

towing

you wear your vehicle and it plays the sit/drive animation on you

they wear their vehicle (like a trailer say) which then

- plays their passenger animation

- then uses a particle rope to bridge to you

- and then uses a follower script to follow you

and off you go. and they will follow (get towed)

just have to go slow over sim crossings so you dont outrun their follower script sensor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.