Couple iteraction via 2 poseballs.

stationk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, if anyone knows, how the 'dance' or 'carry' poseballs are made. I know how to make a poseball and attach a script and AO to it, and how to add that to an object such as a chair,  but so far haven't found anything for 2 poseballs.

The best example for what I'm looking for is a "carry" poseball(s), where you rez an object and it has 2 poseballs, one for the one been carried and the other that does the carry and is the one that  can also walk around,  I have only found small comments saying it's actually a 'vehicle' what I have to make because one of the AV can walk.

And on the same topic, why some of these can only move in flat surfaces ?

Thank you!

UPDATE: I think I found something on some unrelated videos.. link-unlink the 2 poseballs to add scripts and AOs.

I think the reason why you are not getting any responses is that you are asking too many different questions in one post. Ask one single question which is as specific as possible. Do you want to find out how to create couple poses? How to create poseballs? How to create a vehicle? How to rez an object (and pose balls) when a HUD is clicked clicked? You seem to ask for everything and nothing.

I've made a set-up for one avatar to appear to carry another, so maybe I can explain a bit about the theory.   If you want to have a go at it yourself, I'll be happy to help with specific questions in this forum, but I do warn you it's not a trivial piece of scripting by any means.

First, avatars can't sit on other avatars.  They can sit only on the ground or on objects.   Second, if an avatar is seated, the only way it can move is if it's seated on a vehicle.   Then you can drive your vehicle about.

Put these two restrictions together, and it should start to become clear how to make something that enables one avatar to seem to carry another.   

You make a simple vehicle (VEHICLE_TYPE_SLED or VEHICLE_TYPE_CAR), comprising two prims.   The root prim contains the vehicle script and the child prim contains a simple sit script.    The avatar who is doing the carrying is, in effect, driving the vehicle, so she or he sits down first.   The script uses a standing animation for the default sit.

The avatar who is to be carried, the passenger, sits next.   The script in the child prim plays an animation to put him or her in a "being carried" animation, and the script in the root prim reacts to the fact there are now two seated avatars by switching the "driver" into a carrying animatiion.    Between them, the two scripts position the two avatars so the one is carrying the other.

When that's done, the "driver" avatar starts to drive the vehicle, which is set to move at the normal avatar walking place.   The vehicle script switches the "stand and carry" animation to a "walk and carrry" animation while the vehicle is in motion, and switches back to "stand and carry" when the vehicle stops.

The reason a lot of these carrying vehicles require flat surfaces is probably that it's tricky -- not impossible, but certainly tricky -- to get these simple vehicles to move well on very irregular surfaces.   Stairs are a real pain in the neck to do properly,  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.