Copying Open Collar Scripts Into a New Object

Kristie Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to copy open collar 6.0 scripts from a free open collar into earrings.

I thought it would be easy, but I can't get it to work at all.

I rez the earrings on the ground.  I rez the collar on the ground.  I take the collar and copy the scripts into my inventory.  Then I copy the scripts into the earrings.  All of them make it.  But nothing happens.

Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

There are experts who can help more, but I think I read that they distributed the OpenCollar scripts around the linkset, so as to more efficiently target inter-script messaging. So, could it be that you haven't copied scripts from all the OpenCollar links into corresponding links of your earrings? (I assume they need to be in the same-numbered links... or maybe they start out by registering with each other or searching by prim name or other attribute, or something. You may need to look inside the scripts to figure out what they're doing.)

• 3 months later...

There is an open collar seed script, MP link https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OpenCollar-Collar-Seed-updatebuild-script/6260446

You put it into the root prim of the object and then run an update using the latest updater.

It works well for personal items, but once you run the upadte it turns the object into no transfer, if anyone can help with that I would appreciate it.

Brianna Whelan wrote:

... once you run the upadte it turns the object into no transfer, if anyone can help with that I would appreciate it.

That is very odd. Well, the mechanism by which it happens isn't odd -- the "how" -- which is simply that the "Transmuter" rezzes a stack of no-transfer prims and links them to the updating object, turning the whole linkset no-transfer. The mystery is why they wanted that result. I didn't study the several layers of licensing here, so you may want to do that before proceeding, but AFAIK the Open Collar scripts themselves are supposed to remain full-perm, so one would think it would be okay to simply do by hand what the Transmuter is doing, but instead put those scripts into corresponding (and correspondingly named and linked) full-perm prims of one's own creation. (But do not take my word for it! Your license violations are your own business -- and I clearly don't know what I'm talking about because I'd have thought OpenCollar would distrbute only a full-perm Transmuter.)

Again, I'm not quite motivated enough to study the innards of the scripts, but I'd guess naming and/or link number would be how the scripts know whence to direct link messages.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.