no matter what i do nothing on my avatar will come off.

AmeFeu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i cannot detach anything from my avatar. i tried to load a saved outfit and my old outfit just stayed attached and the new one overlapped it and loaded on top, so now i have two loaded outfit that i cannot detach. ive changed computers, viewers, clear cache, redownloaded my viewers, tried to detach all from several areas, nothing will come off my avatar. Even huds are stuck onto me and i cannot detach them. i also cannot run and going down steps i "fall" for a long period of time. please help me!

1 answer to this question

When you ask a technical question we need lots of detail. Desktop, laptop? Video card? Viewer brand?

Get most of the information by clicking HELP->ABOUT… Copy paste that info in with your question. To edit your post click OPTIONS in the upper right.

The first thing is to use the Linden default viewer. Log into a Linden region like Furball. Then try switching to the Test Male/Female avatar. Press: Ctrl-Alt-Q to open the Develop menu item. Then click Develop->Avatar->Character Tests->…

I suspect you are having a problem with classic and mesh avatar bodies. But, you haven’t said whether you are trying Library outfits or outfits you made. You haven’t said if you are ADDING outfits, REPLACING outfits, or WEARING outfits.

You haven’t said what you are trying to ‘detach’. Skin has to be replaced as it cannot be detached. Several parts of an avatar are that way.

You haven’t said how you are trying to detach. Are you clicking in inventory or right-clicking the avatar and selecting detach?

You most likely are doing something wrong. But, a problem region can cause this type of problem. A poor connection can cause this type of problem.

Restarting the viewer and computer, perhaps using a different viewer, logging into a different region, and selecting a test avatar should clear any attachment problems. Moving to a new region eliminates any region problems. The Linden viewer has no bug that causes this. That leaves connection problems. Having a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. Test that connection: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

After all these tests, if you still have a problem, answer the questions, provide lots of detail on what you are doing then we may be able to figure out the problem. 

You may want to look in the wiki to see how to do a clean install. I doubt it but, you may have a problem with the installed viewer. If you are using the Linden viewer I suggest you install the Firestorm Viewer and see if the problem persists. If it does you have eliminated most of the possible problems on you side leaving connection and server issues. If the connection tested OK then it is likely support ticket time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.