corrupted inventory. Can i re-initialize?

Chillyfinger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

inventory is hopelessly corrupt. Outfits give mising body parts. Automations deliver crash messages.

1. Can i restore inventory to a date prior to March 18th

2. if not can i get a fresh "newbie" inventory

3. can i somehow back up inventory. This one cost over $200 US. Don't want to lose it again.

2 answers to this question

If you clear your cache your inventory will reload from the database instead of from your HD.

If your outfits are messed up that could be because the items in the outfit folder are just links to the original item elsewhere in your inventory & if the original gets moved it breaks the links. Try wearing an outfit, adding the missing or incorrect items manually and then resaving the outfit & deleting the broken one.

If your inventory genuinely gets broken it is usually where you see duplicates of system folders or your folders end up outside of your inventory like you Library & in cases like that you need to submit a ticket for an inventory fix - be prepared for a long wait as some people have reported extremely long delays on such tickets.

Usually clearing the cache, like Peewee says, is enough to get the inventory to load. I recommend clearing it from outside SL as described here.

Then log in to a sim you have not been to (try Pooley) and wait for your inventory to load completely. Press 'Recent' in your inventory to get the counter going, and wait until it stops.

That should do it, but if not, again like Peewee says, file a ticket.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.