I cannot load the second life viewer onto my macbook pro

larryhirschhorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I download the viewer from the internet. I get a DMG file. I click on it and it opens up. I get the icon. I move the icon into my appications folder. I click on the Icon. All I get is a whirring ball. I have to "force quit" the program. I then put the icon in the trash. I shut down the computer I restart it. I go through the same steps again and still the whirring ball (of death) 

Larry 

3 answers to this question

I play Second Life on my macbook (with Snow Leopard which maybe is required for SL these days?). Never had this trouble with the SL installer, but sounds like something I have experienced with failed installs before.

If your download of the .dmg was interrupted somehow, than the .dmg can fail to install an application because it can't do some trivial thing it needs to finish such as "mounting the disk image". Try deleting your .dmg and the app, and just start a fresh download from the beginning again.

If this doesn't work.... time to upgrade your Macbook to Leopard (which is really great system I think well worth it! :smileyvery-happy:), and then you'll be good for sure! Best of luck!

--||-

Like WADE1, I've been running the SL viewer on a MacBook without similar problems.

The only thing I can add is that sometimes, the launch process will take a while. On occation, I've had to wait close to 5 minutes for the viewer to launch and the login page to become visible on screen.

Perhaps the viewer will open if you simply wait a while longer.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.