Payment entry in IM log

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just noticed the following string being added to an IM log with a resident:

[2015/07/06 17:19]  Second Life: secondlife:///app/agent/07c03368-283b-4d32-8393-edfafaf72cc4/inspect paid you L$1.

It is a recurring entry in an IM log with someone who used to be on my friends list, but with whom I haven't had any kind of contact in a long time.  This entry has been added to the IM logs with that person for the last 6 months, and started during a SL party, when the person started a trivia game and everybody got $L1 for each correct question.

No money has been withdrawn from my account, so at least I know there is no fraud involved.  But perhaps a product defect.  Has anybody seen this?  Any idea how to fix it?

And if there is a more suitable forum to post this question, please let me know.  I searched the Knowledge Base and couldn't find anything.

Thank you

It's a feature, not a bug. The log is saving as best it can what actually was uttered by a script in open chat, which text your viewer would have converted to a clickable link in chat history. To understand why the script was using that particular text (helpfully, I might add), see the wiki.

[EDIT: ah, no, on closer reading I see it wasn't actually a scripted chat, but simply Second Life leaving you that message. Same idea, though: The viewer would surely have displayed an Inspect link for the avatar's name.]

Ah. If I were to make a wild guess, maybe some scripted object was set up to "split proceeds" and somehow your avatar key was added to the list of beneficiaries. and it still occasionally gets paid by somebody.

I tried it with my alt, and if he pays me directly, or with llGiveMoney() in a scripted object that he owns (no matter who pays that object), that same message is added to my IM log with him.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.