Water..

Anya Zackerly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not much data to go on, but I'll take a wild guess.  I had problem where the water looked ok on my XP/nVidea system but was dull looking on my Win7/ATI system.  Windlight was just not working.  I upgraded my ATI drivers and that did the trick.

ETA: Just to finish the saga, the change occurred when the viewer was updated from 3.2.1 to 3.2.4.  I thought it was a viewer problem since I rarely use the XP system.  Plus 3.2.1 has a window sizing bug that made me crazy.  So I didn't upgrade until 3.2.5 came out.  That's when I saw that my windlight was still non-functional on the ATI system and noticed for the first time that the nVidea worked fine.

--Cinn

There's two places to check in the default SL viewer. Me->preferences->graphics has the shaders over on the left hand side. I think you want everything down to atmospheric shaders turned on. The quality and speed slider at the top of the window also has to be set to 'Mid' at the very least. Depending on your video card, you may not be able to turn things on. Installing the latest video card driver for your card may help as Cinnamon said. You may have a built-in video card or a non-3d type of card in that computer and you may need to upgrade. 3d cards that run SL can be cheap if you don't try getting the newly released cards.

You also need to check under World->Environment Editor->Environment Settings to see if you are using any special water setting. The 'default' setting should look 'realistic' if your graphics settings are correct.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.