Trolls vs Long Time players

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all :)

Sitting here bored so i thought i would start a wee discussion based on the topic "Trolls Vs Long Time Players".

As we all are aware there are many people who come to SL on a daily bases to escape the daily drabs of RL, you know to destress a little, have a little fun with friends, let our hair down and be ourselfs without being judged,sterotyped or discriminated against for who we are...However this bring's me on to the subject of the drasted troll's *Hey! You There! Yes You! Shut the Troll gate when you come in...Cheers* as those many who come in to SL to Enjoy it and play the game,many more join also who are here for one thing only and thats to be a "Wee **bleep**e".  

We've all heard the same lines and the same insults..."This games **bleep**"...."This games Pathetic as well as everyone in it*...."Nothing but weirdos, pedo's and the mentally unstable"....and so fore and so forth, i could carry on but my brains freezing up from typing what is said from the many imature person's head.

The Question i want to put to all you fellow real players am i the only one who thinks that those who take minutes out of their life just to join an online game only to Troll are the REAL Sad and Pathetic ones?, as they say "we're all sad because we log in most days to play in a fantasy world instead of living the RL* YET they log in frequently just to through insults and be a wee douch bag or a big douche bag. As i say to my friends and family who don't understand SL i tell them all the same thing playing SL is no different to playing WOW,PW or jumping on the Xbox for a round of COD. No matter what game you play or on what console you will always form bonds and friendships with complete strangers from all around the world.. Anyway's going to stop typing now getting carried away LOL and my apologies if ive placed this in the wrong place. Let me know what you feel or think guys and gals..

Feelynx Lavender wrote:

The Question i want to put to all you fellow real players am i the only one who thinks that those who take minutes out of their life just to join an online game only to Troll are the REAL Sad and Pathetic ones?,

No, but most of the cognoscenti recognise the real trolls as those who create a brand new alt to initiate a senselessly provocative and badly expressed thread with their first post.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

No, but most of the cognoscenti recognise the real trolls as those who create a brand new alt to initiate a senselessly provocative and badly expressed thread with their first post.

Most of the cognoscenti also recognise people who don't engage their brains before typing replies. Last names for new residents were discarded years ago so Feelynx Lavender could not be a brand new alt. In fact, she started in SL in 2010. Perhaps you should read her profile.

depends on the mental age of the person

i have a nephew who at the grand old age of 12 was the terror of minecraft. He got banned from more public mc servers than anyone else I know. He was quite proud of his achievement being 12

he is 14 now. He dont do it anymore. I ask him why not? He said bc is lame, that he is a mature person now. I never laughed. bc he is now, at least on minecraft and other online games

he has also discover girls tho. He is pretty occupied these days with working out how not to be lame when there are girls by him. He is still working on this part. The signs are encouraging for him tho. Not as many girls now eyeroll him (:

+

about SL lamers

was at a venue yesterday. A lamer came nekkid, riding a cow and flailing a whip. I said: lol nice cow. The owner lady said nothing. He then said: who wants stuff done to their b**. The lady owner then said "ask and ye shall receive" and he was gone with a banhammer stuck up his b**. jejejeje (

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

No, but most of the cognoscenti recognise
the real trolls as those who create a brand new alt to initiate a senselessly provocative and badly expressed thread with their first post.

Most of the cognoscenti also recognise people who don't engage their brains before typing replies. Last names for new residents were discarded years ago so Feelynx Lavender could not be a brand new alt. In fact, she started in SL in 2010. Perhaps you should read her profile.

Long Time Trolls vs Long Time players  FIFY.

Let the games begin!

Nyl, I read the OP the same way.   So Liazarus may have omitted a word; perhaps it should have read as 'brand new posting alt' - but to me it was implied.   Every other word Liazarus wrote was spot on, and understood -- unlike the OP.

And that's my response to the OP as well.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

I, like most forum cognoscenti, have a store of unused alts with lastnames and full profiles from the last decade onwards.

Haven't you read any of the Bourne books?

Or at least watched the movies, if all those words are too much for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.