Second Life Windows 8 Intel Series 4 Graphic drivers problem

Rabid Hashi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My System:

Computer: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6967

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6500 2.10GHz 2.10GHZ

RAM: 4GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Graphics: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

---

The issue I'm having is that after installing Windows 8 on my laptop, when I start Second Life I get this error dialog saying that Second Life could not start because my "video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are from unsupported hardware."

My laptop was able to run Second Life properly before upgrading to Windows 8. Is there a fix or a work around for this?

Setting the shortcut attribute --noprobe does not work. The same dialog appears.

("C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeViewer\SecondLife.exe" --set InstallLanguage en --noprobe)

I'm posting my issue here because I dont' see any 'technical issue" forum and SL's support case area doesn't include viewer problems as an option.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem described here.

Running Windows 8, but am in urgent need of operating open GL for work with no luck.

I tried updating my graphics driver to the latest and it doesn't work.

I have "Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family (WDDM 1.1), but want to revert back to the driver for windows 7.

I am operating Windows 8  64bit.

Can you help me?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, send me a PM and ill give you a file to download so your computer running windows 8 can accept the driver, and then ill send you the link to download the link for Intel Mobile 4 Series graphics.

I would also sugguest you to please check on the Intel website to make sure your computer is running the latest chipset

• 1 month later...

also had the same issues with the intel drivers for 8 it will not run any of the tpv viewer without and updated i recently updated to  the driver when i installed 8 and had no luck so if you have a link it could help me please  send a link for downloaded thanx.

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.