Need Some Help Understanding the JIRA

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't 'watch' many JIRA's but right now I am watching one closely because it is of major concern for me.  I am unable to run any V3 based viewer on either my desk top or my lap top because of a major performance hit. (To be clear I can run them, just they run so bad as to render them unusable).

Because I am watching them I get email notifications when people comment.  Sometimes though I get messages like this:

"  [ https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2694?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Vir Linden updated SH-2694:
---------------------------

Fix Version/s:     (was: Sprint 32)
                  Sprint 33

> FPS Drop when hovering the mouse over flexi prims with alpha. Further away the cursor is from the flexible alpha the better the fps.
> ------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SH-2694.............................."
Can someone help me understand what this means? 
Thanks in advance for your help.
And here is the link to the JIRA in question:   https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2694?

That looks like the Lindens updating various fields in the Jira. Not all updates are comments.

JIRAs contain important information developers use to keep track of bugs, problems, diagnoses and overall status of the bug/fix. In this particular example, Vir Linden updated the "Fix Versions" field to be "Sprint 33" .

Afaik the 'Fast Alpha' setting in my tpv refers to it (Advanced Section), as the debug-setting 'RenderFastAlpha'.

Try fiddling with one of those.

ETA : Looking more deeply into the OP and the issue reported, I think Vir Linden ( associated with the Shining-project ) expects this problem not to be solved with Sprint-32 and puts the marker forward to Sprint-33.

At least that's what I can make out of it.

Fenix Eldritch wrote:

That looks like the Lindens updating various fields in the Jira. Not all updates are comments.

JIRAs contain important information developers use to keep track of bugs, problems, diagnoses and overall status of the bug/fix. In this particular example,
Vir Linden updated the "Fix Versions" field to be "Sprint 33" .

Ummmmmmm, that was fairly obvious.  The question at hand is what does that (the bolded section) mean?

Hi, sprints are LL's development cycles. They will have a block of dates marked off for sprint 33, and pick what issues will get worked on. So, that means your pet bug is on the calendar to get attention, but apparently there was a scheduling problem (too much time taken by other work) and it got put into a later batch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.