Photoshop cs6 extended avatar problems

snakeyoslo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, not sure how to explain this, I've only recently started using PS and I've worked out how to import the obj files and I've replaced the default maps on the extracted avatars with higher rez ones fom chip midingh, added an extra layer to work on, all that works great until I save these files as psd files and open them again to start work, for some reason if I try to paint from the top of the avatar down to the bottom it will only show on the bottom, nothing I try to do to the top portion shows up, am I doing something wrong?

The only thing I can think of that might be causing that, is the order of your layers, if there is a layer on top of the one you are painting on then it will not show.  Other than that I would be stumped as well, but usually it has something to do with the layer order, or if a layer is masked.

Hi, thank you for your reply, both the bottom and top sections have the same lay out in layers without any masks, ie: chip midnight megrged into one, then a basic transparent layer I added to work on, it works as soon as it's done, it's only after saving that set up and re-opening it does it start to get funky

Perhaps I am not understanding what you are painting on.. Are you trying to paint on an actual object, or a layer map?  If you are painting on an actual object, I have never done that in photoshop so I guess I can't help there..  I always use the texture maps in photoshop to paint on, so sorry never tried an actual object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.