Applier Texture Issue

StriveDesigns

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HELPPPP!! I'm positive I'm doing something wrong and I'm sure the solution is something utterly simple that I just can't think of.

My problem is, that anytime I try to make an underwear or tattoo layer to go "under" a clothing layer, I get a hideous skin colored outline around the texture of the clothing layer that's quite obvious. I normally save textures as PNGs, I have tried to save as a JPEG, a TGA, and even applied a manual layer mask to it, and nothing seems to help.

Here's a pic of what I mean:

Any help or suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance!

- Strive

I see what you mean,  and it has to do with alpha blending in textures is this item you are showing all on one texture?  or is it on two different textures for different layers?  And what does it look like when  you apply the texture to the non mesh body?  is that skin showing still or not?  if not then it does have something to do with alpha blending and transparency with the mesh body layers..  and do you have any other layers on the body open i.e. in use but with no texture on it. that also could be an issue..  these layer things are quite tricky as I am finding out..  I have not mastered all the problems yet but I do know that I have solved some by making sure the layers are totally off (cleared) before I start,  then applying in layer order i.e underwear first, then pants etc. 

I don't know if this will help but in case you haven't checked out the layers it's all I can offer.. perhaps someone else might have a more helpful reply.. sorry. 

Thanks for replying! You chicks rock!

Bobbie,
I actually did not know about Alpha Masks until after I posted this and I was showing a friend my problem and she asked me if I had the Alpha Mask off or on and if that made a difference, I had no idea what that was, so she explained where to find it and I turned it "off" for the underwear layer, and low and behold, the texture alpha clash disappeared.

Tazzy,
That is actually, underwear layer for the stockings, and pants layer for the undies and garter. The only solution I had come up with when I had posted this question was just to put the undies, garter, and stockings all together on one texture. But, I was hoping to be able to offer other style options, as in panties only, panties and garter straps only, panties, garter straps, and stockings so that the customers would have a choice in looks. But, now that I know about the Alpha Masks, I can still offer that.

I so appreciate all the helpful group of people in this forum, you never fail me when I need help, so TYSM!!

- Strive

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.