Why do people's profiles keep asking me to add friend again even though they already on my friends?

MissyBassett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past few days all my friends profiles have been telling me to add them as a friend even though i already have, tried readding, didnt work either. Any ideas?

Update: I am using the SL viewer on the newest update.

Screenshot below showing the issue, as you can see this person is on my friends list, but in their profile it is still asking me to add them as a friend, this is the same for all of my friends.

screenshot.png

3 answers to this question

Can you please explain more fully and add a screenshot showing the exact message you're getting as I don't understand what is going on. Also, what viewer are you using? Use Options/Edit to add comments and use Tree icon on the bar above post to drop the image in.

• Like 1

I don't have the problem to the extent you have it, but I added a new friend 2 days ago and he appears in my friends list but not as a friend on my profile friends area.

On the 16th and 17th May, SL time, unscheduled mysecondlife.com maintenance was carried out. It seems this problem started after that maintenance. I wonder if it is to do with that ?

• Like 3

I think Malate may have given the reason. Perhaps it will resolve itself, if not, contact Support.

[Resolved] Unscheduled my.secondlife.com Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on May 17th, 2013 at 09:35 am PDT

[Resolved 9:35 am PDT, 17 May 2013] Maintenance on my.secondlife.com has been completed.

[Posted 8:40 am PDT, 17 May 2013] We are currently performing  unscheduled maintenance on my.secondlife.com. Until this maintenance is  complete, my.secondlife.com and in-world profiles may be unavailable, and feeds may not update properly.  Please watch this blog for further details.

[Resolved] Unscheduled my.secondlife.com Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on May 16th, 2013 at 12:40 pm PDT

[Resolved 7:48pm PDT, 16 May 2013]  my.secondlife.com maintenance is complete.

[Posted 12:35pm PDT, 16 May 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance on my.secondlife.com. Until this maintenance is complete, my.secondlife.com and in-world profiles may be unavailable. Please watch this blog for further details.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.